Haban sickle mower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haban sickle mower

I have a chance to buy a Haban Sickle mower that was on a cub cadet 100. I only have WF tractors. I have no knowledge about these but would like to add this to the implement items. I am waiting for the owner to try and find the model number. Any knowledge on it this will work would be great.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Great find!
    Can you weld/ fabricate?
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

I have access to the equipment needed and should be able to make it work. At least it looks complete and was on a cadet, so it should be a fairly simple fix. Price is $550. I wish it was cheaper, but I haven't been able to find one.

Comment

The owner just messaged me and said it is a 402C. He researched also and said it should fit narrow and WF models.

Comment

The best research I can find says the 402C is for a NF.

I found the following on a tractor forum site:
          The only thing different from the 402 C,D and E is the front mount. Easy to modify if need be.

Tough decision to make on purchasing this. Hefty price and not sure how or if it can me installed without too much modification.

Comment

I got one on my 147. I believe it's a D, but I don't have that information on this computer. I can get you pictures, but wouldn't be till tomorrow.
            That's good amount of coin for the Haban, but if it's all there, and not rusted to hell, and you want one, well then I guess it's a good deal.
            The only attachment points are the front axle, and the tube that runs back to the hitch. I "think" it would be easy enough to make work on the wide frame. But I don't know your modifying capabilities.
            They can't all be turn key.
            Make the best of each and every day.
            Todd
            Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

The 402E was made to fit either narrow or wide frame tractors.
              Remember, the pulley will likely have to be changed to go to a WF. Depending on model, you may need to accommodate a wider belt.
              Don't make this too hard.... making a different mount isn't that hard if you can fabricate. If you can't make it work, you can always sell it.
              ~Jonathan
              Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

I am definitely going to get it. That's what the hobby is all about. I wouldn't want to do any permanent modifications to make it work. If all else fails, It gives me an excuse to save up the tractor funds to buy a nice 100 to put it on.

Comment

Working...
                X