#4 Cart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#4 Cart?

Can anyone ID this cart as a #4 from this picture? The dump handle and tires looks off, as does the hoop on the tongue. But the color & patina seem about right. 713D87CF-BA3F-4E88-96DC-B6F88B3C7946.png
    Tanner
    Elk River, Minnesota

No, it is not.
    IH didn't make the Cub Cadet attachments. I can't recall who did, but they also built them under their own name. That is one of the other non CC carts. Very close..... but different.

As a note, IH didn't make the blades, snowthrowers/blowers, tillers, carts, or walk behind equipment. I really think the mower decks were also sub contracted.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Great info. Thanks Jonathan
      Tanner
      Elk River, Minnesota

Comment

I've always been told that Ohio Steel made the carts for IH.. I have seen alot of variations that are really close.. my 1987 gravely trailer is the same body and axle as a #4 but the tounge and dump release are different.. I'm guessing they had to make the other brands just slightly different?

Comment

Originally posted by jaynjeep View Post
          I've always been told that Ohio Steel made the carts for IH.
          I think that is correct. However, I've never been able to figure out, or confirm anyway, who made the other implements/attachments. I always assumed Ohio Steel, because they made so many things for other people.... but do not know.
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Working...
          X