Snowblower RPM question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snowblower RPM question

I have not been able to find a snowblower for my 3225. I have the quick attatch mount in the front and a blade. I don’t need a blade because I use a Fcub for pushing snow. I had intentions to mount a blower on the 32. I do have an older
    blower that I could cut some mounts for quick attach and use it. It’s an style that had long rails that went under the tractor and attached at the rear. It also uses roughly the same PTO shaft arrangement as the one I have been looking for(353).I can’t remrmber the number of the one I have, but can get if it helps answer the question.
    My question is, do most snowblowers run at the same RPM?
    if not then I will continue my quest for a 353

Thanks

The output is all pretty much the same, it's the input that differs. Think 450/451.
    If you have the blower with the long arms and is PTO driven, it's likely a 364, or the LT model 36(?). Get the model and we'll see if we can figure out if it might work. It likely will.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

364 sounds right. I had it mounted on a 782 once but never used it. I’ll be home in awhile to check but I’m sure it’s not for a LT(the blower itself weighs more than a LT )

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

So, it's a newer style 364. What diameter PTO is on the 32?
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
            So, it's a newer style 364. What diameter PTO is on the 32?
            Will it take some calculating because of the belt/ pulleys that is the clutch on the 32? (Vacuum solenoid twin belt system)

Comment

Ok, so I did some digging into this....

So, I was going to head in the direction of getting the pulley system set up to run close to the right speed. Or at least, see how fast the blower would run if you adapted it to mount to the front hitch you have. After some digging, I think it is likely close enough to be fine. You can do the math if you want to, but just looking at the parts books, I think the 353 and 364 gear boxes are pretty close. Likely close enough. That said, the 364 is the ONLY other front mounted blower you might be able to make work, because both models are designed for shaft drive, so the input rotation is the same. All the other blowers (450/1, 551 and Haban) would need reverse input rotation. So you are good there. The only problem I foresee is that you may have issues getting the drive shaft aligned. The gear boxes are mounted opposite each other on each model. On one the input shaft is on top, the other it's on bottom. Doesn't affect anything other than shaft alignment. Might have to flip the gear box over and reattach the mount. Might be able to just unbolt it and flip it over too. It's one of those deals, you are kind of on your own, lol. Good news is, the 364 is kind of a rare bird. If it's in good shape, it should fetch you $350 or so, or trade to the right guy. Choice is yours! If you do adapt, I want pics!
              ~Jonathan
              Oblong, Illinois

Comment

I will be adapting it because the nearest 353 to me that I can find is around 5hrs away, and in mediocre shape.
                Thanks for the research on this issue. I will start a thread next week on this project.. I have a blade to measure the mount dimensions so that part is easy. Maybe some embedded vids of the waterjett cutting the mounts.
                Should be a fun project.
                Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                X