1450 / 450 Blower Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1450 / 450 Blower Install

I know this install has been done but after a ton of research on the best way to make this work I decided to pull everything into the shop and find my own way to make it happen. I hope someone out there finds this helpful.

I started by making a quick hitch bar. The blower had holes in the mounting brackets but it was missing...

Next i made a set of frame pins out of bolts and drilled the frame. This worked rather well and seems to be holding the weight nicely.

I then made a bracket to attach to the implement lever to reverse the throw and made the actuating rod out of round tubing, 5/8" threaded rod, and some clevis ends from McMaster Carr.

It worked out nicely. I need to put some adjustment into the arms on the blower to gain a little more ground clearance and measure for a belt. Hope I get to use it this year after all this work.

Nice work, looks great. What is the 3 tack welds on the lift rod/tube. Did you just drill holes and it’s just holding the threaded rod in place? Thanks for sharing!
    Tanner
    Elk River, Minnesota

Comment

• 65pigeon
      65pigeon commented
      Editing a comment
      i plug welded the threaded rod on one end and the clevis insert on the other. each end has 6 plug welds and then a weld on the end of the tube. probably overkill but i don't plan on taking it apart. thanks for the compliment.

• G-Nest
      G-Nest commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha, l know very little about welding. But now I have one more bit of knowledge to add to the tool chest. Thanks!

That’s great professional work mister pigeon. Can you elaborate on belt size and how you aligned it? Did you change pto pulley on tractor or on blower and if you did can you supply any part numbers?

Comment

Really nice work!
      Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie Cunningham View Post
        That’s great professional work mister pigeon. Can you elaborate on belt size and how you aligned it? Did you change pto pulley on tractor or on blower and if you did can you supply any part numbers?
        I'm curious on this too, as the 450 is designed for a 5/8" belt. A 1/2" belt will slip in the pulley and a 5/8" will slip on the PTO. An issue that needs addressed for sure. Switching the PTO on the tractor would be be best choice, as a mower deck pulley can also be changed, and a larger belt won't cause any issues. Basically just an upgrade to an '82 series PTO and pulleys.

Nice work so far Mr Pigeon!
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Just wondering if you you ever got this to work ? And if you have any pics

Comment

Working...
          X