3 point mounted Areator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 point mounted Areator

Last springish Keith and I built a 3pt mounted areator. The actual areator was bought on an auction for 25.00 and had never been used. We un bolted the factory mount and hitch, then made a 3 point hitch that can be removed and placed back to original any time. But anyway.

it's just a 36" areator, holds about 40 gallon of water which wasn't quite enough weight. We built a few brackets and hung a couple 40 lb suitcase weights. The thing really goes in the ground!

video https://youtu.be/3-Vj5vGLL7I

filedata/fetch?id=5109&d=1547914264&type=thumb
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Sweet, that works really nice! And it looks like a factory built piece too. Just don't forget to drain it.

Comment

• Rescue11
      Rescue11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Doc! Yea I reminded him a while ago. Bet he forgot lol

Cool!
    I like the hydraulic top link...
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

• Rescue11
      Rescue11 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! EXTREMELY pointless on this particular attachment but looks neat non the less

Sweet, I "need" one.
    Especially here, cause I have to go all the way around back, to get to the other side of the driveway with the pull type. Great idea.
    They can't all be turn key.
    Make the best of each and every day.
    Todd
    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Originally posted by zippy1 View Post
      Sweet, I "need" one.
      Especially here, cause I have to go all the way around back, to get to the other side of the driveway with the pull type. Great idea.
      Meh, seen other guys do it, one made his sleeve hitch adapted. Our goal was to make it un-molested, as we try with all our projects, so it could be returned to original should it ever be sold. The original tugs that mount it to the draw bar are flipped to the back and would work good for a rear hitch for pulling a shredder or drop seeder.

You would need a pretty strong hitch to lift this 1 Zip!! But I agree, you NEED 1

Comment

I think we need to add like 25 tubed cutters to it.

And a quick attach.

Comment

• Rescue11
          Rescue11 commented
          Editing a comment
          Get to cutting!!! But no, we start from scratch there high speed... not fukkin this one up!
      Working...
      X