bagger fit ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bagger fit ?

I have a 2007 50" Cub Cadet. I have a line on a bagging system from a HSD2155 with a 42" deck. Will tis fit my mower? I don't care if it's not big enough to handle the 52", just if it will adapt to my Cub.
    Thanks,
    Jim

Jim, I need more information to be able to answer your question. 2007 50” cut isn’t enough. I need the model of mower. For that year range, the long model number (and serial number) off the tag would be the best, not just the number on the hood.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Jonathan, thanks for responding. The model# is13AP11CP710, and serial# is 1C227HI0323, and it's a 2007 LT1050. The only info I have on the Bagg doner is HSD2155 with a 42" deck, this is what I can see by the pics he posted. It's pulling teeth to get alot of info from him. Even if I need to do some modifications on my machine and can get it to fit, it's worth it. He wants $100.00 for the tractor (probly good for parts) and the bagging system.

Comment

Well Jim, the bagger from a HSD2155 will not fit your LT1050. Not even close. Totally different machines. Different tractor frames and different rear mounting systems.

However, the rear hitch system for the LT1050 appears to be the same as the new XT1 Cub Cadet mowers. The rear bagger system for the XT1 uses the same mounting hitch as would the rear weight kit for your LT1050. Cub Cadet does not state that the bagger attachment for the XT1 (19A30018100 Triple Rear Bagger) will fit an LT1050, but I suspect it will. Just a ploy to sell new tractors. If you could find a dealer or a box store with an XT1 for sale, you might be able to bring your tractor in and see if the system looks like it will fit. You can buy that whole system for around $500 depending on where you want to buy it.

They only other choice, as I see it, is to keep looking for a used bagger attachment for your LT1050, or simply trade it in on a newer model with a bagger system.

One other comment I'd like to make. Personally, I have mowed with bagger attachments and I wouldn't own one even if it was free. They don't work well at all. That said, I also mow commercially now and I run a (Walker MTGHS) commercial vacuum "bagger" mower. It's not the conventional system. Even for the extreme price of those machines, they have their downfalls. You have to really stay on top of keeping the grass mown, and they don't do as well when the grass is wet. It will handle it with some moisture, such as late evening as the dew is falling, but once the dew is really on it plugs quickly. But having the vacuum sucking the grass from the deck is a huge advantage over just using the wind and blade force to blow grass up a plastic tube.

I'm not sure if I helped or not, or just gave you too much of my opinion. Either way, I hope I at least somewhat answered your question. Good luck Jim!
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Jonathan, Wow lots of info! First, you answered my question and saved me $100.00. Second, I have used a customer's Craftsman mower with a bag a few times and thought it did an "iffy" job! I mow a few lawns on the side and have been mowing in circle shooting the clippings to the middle of a yard, then using my 21" BobCat with the steel bag to mow the remaining 2-3 passes to collect up the grass. It has been working fine, I just thought bagging it as I went would be better....I'm thinking I'll stick to my system! I am retiring in 2+ years and plan to mow small scale for extra $ and get out of the house. Tons of great input & info! Thank you so much!

Jim

Comment

I agree with Jonathan. I doubt you can find one but I run a 3000 series machine with a fan assisted bagger with great results. My grass is Centipede and I mow it after it is dry for best results. The bagger is a must have for me in the fall for leaf clean up. These baggers were expensive when new so I don't think it is even an option anymore on the new stuff but keep an eye out for an older machine with this setup. The 3000 series also used the standard non fan type bagger but I have never used that type.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Working...
            X