South Carolina Plow Day march 8th & 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Carolina Plow Day march 8th & 9th

Vince O is putting on another plow day in Marietta, South Carolina.

This is some of the nicest plowing soil and a great bunch of people getting together. Liz & I are going and pics will follow.

I think they are going to be plowing late Friday, Friday night and Saturday.

Here is the address:

790 Holloway Road
    Marietta, SC 29661

Dang... I wish that wasn't such a haul for me! AND as luck would have it the wife already has plans for me next weekend!

Comment

theyre talking snow again with near zero temps/below zero windchills here, and youre already having plow days..... that just aint right
      Don
      Kankakee IL

Comment

Originally posted by Oak View Post
        Vince O is putting on another plow day in Marietta, South Carolina.

This is some of the nicest plowing soil and a great bunch of people getting together. Liz & I are going and pics will follow.
        Which one's you taking? Liz going to operate one?
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Originally posted by dodge trucker View Post
          theyre talking snow again with near zero temps/below zero windchills here, and youre already having plow days..... that just aint right
          No joke!!! Single digits here and snow on the ground again!
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Well we left out Friday around noon for the 3 hour drive and because of the rain it took 4 hours. We got to the fields and it was still raining and it rained on and off most of the night. Saturday was cloudy and damp but no rain until about 1:30. I got some seat time in and had a blast but man there were some spots that were way too wet. Here are a few pics.
            IMG_6453.jpgIMG_6454.jpgIMG_6455.jpgIMG_6462.jpgIMG_6466.jpgIMG_6469.jpg

Comment

I also picked up some goodies. I'm a sucker for cat 0 stuff & cast iron hub caps. DSCN4368 - Copy.JPG

Comment

What a muddy mess!!
                Wonder why they scheduled it so early in the year?
                How did the Firestones do???
                ~Jonathan
                Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Bet the hose got out when you got home.
                  Yeah, how did the Stones pull?
                  They can't all be turn key.
                  Make the best of each and every day.
                  Todd
                  Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

It was muddy but the stones pulled great. That little 882 is my favorite tractor to plow with and it will keep up with them big green 430's.

Is it just here, but why is it that the Deere guys stick together and look down on all other brands?

Comment

Originally posted by Oak View Post
                      It was muddy but the stones pulled great. That little 882 is my favorite tractor to plow with and it will keep up with them big green 430's.

Is it just here, but why is it that the Deere guys stick together and look down on all other brands?

Todd, looks like ya'll had fun even though it was near a mud bog!
                      You are correct... I haven't found any tire that will out pull a FIrestone 23 degree.. they have made it for years and they got it right..

As far as the Deere guys.. we are in a local antique farm tractor club and it's the same thing here... Most of the Deere guys (not all) are snobby and keep to themselves... you will hear some crack comments here and there but deep down they think nothing can compare to something with green paint! I love to go to the local garden tractor pull and point out to an owner that I know he has John Deere sheet metal on a Cub Cadet!! They get rather upset when you rat them out!

Comment

Working...
                      X