AJ's. Oregon Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ's. Oregon Illinois

Happening this Saturday 5/18, just west of I 39. Anyone know anything about this? I'm hoping to make it this year. Weather looks good for once, warm and unlike past years it might actually be dry for the day. Monsoons have kept me away for the past couple of years
    Don
    Kankakee IL

What is it Don? A swap meet/ show? Plow day?
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

GT Swap meet/ show I think. Not sure, coming here to find out more.

Speaking of which I heard about something going on in your town along those lines later this year? What do you know?
      Don
      Kankakee IL

Comment

Yeah, every year in Oblong there is an antique tractor and engine show. They usually run some belt equipment like thrashers and balers. Lots of old hit-and-miss engines and power's up and running. Antique and older tractors, toy show, antique tractor pull.... long list of stuff. It's in August every year. I don't know this year's date, but it's usually the first or second weekend in August judt before school starts. It's a good show. Not just a lot of garden tractors, but there are some. Several vendors and a swap meet/ for sale area. If you come down let me know. I usually spend the better part of an afternoon there walking around.
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

• dodge trucker
          dodge trucker commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I'll let you know if I can get down there, got a couple of things going already those 1st 2 weekends in August, hope it isn't on one of those.
          On the AJ's thing all I can find are a couple of vague blurbs around the net and a couple of you tube post from past years. Looks like a pretty big tractor show and swap, most are GTs

Ok I'm up here, dropped off my trailer full of junk at AJ's place yesterday, doing some sightseeing in NW IL today, will be there at AJ's tomorrow. The guy who runs it is a woodworker/cabinet maker, nice guy, last year they had 500+ spectators and 300+ GTs 10th annual show, mostly does FB (YUK) advertising. Says that's where it's "at".
        says he's had people from as far as the Carolinas come to this. Show, swap, plow area, rope making demo and more, claims to have activities for the wives and kids several buildings, said don't let rain run you off, lots of buildings to pile into. Looks like a pretty good food stand too.

$5 per person to get in whether selling showing or spectating. Including your spot and/or entry of tractors.
        ​​
        ​​​
        Don
        Kankakee IL

Comment

Get us some pics if you can. Enjoy the show
          Brian - Spring Grove, IL
          IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
          CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
          Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
          Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

Working...
          X