Little Vise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Vise

Picked up this little vise today off a friend of mine. Another hobby of mine is reloading and shooting. I never get to do much, but I’d at least like to load for all the long guns I have. A good friend of mine is always working up a new load for hunting or plinking. Went to his place today for a while and he showed me these little vises he likes for gun stuff. I wouldn’t want to pound on it like a bigger “shop” vise but for smaller stuff they look to be pretty neat. Versa Vise is the name, built by Will-Burt Co. This one is missing one piece, can be sourced on eBay as used or aftermarket. Never thought I’d be making a post about a vise, but here we are. Lol!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Rich

My son bought a smaller Wilton at a flea market for $10 a couple years ago. He was 14 at the time and didnt notice it was missing one of the jaw plates. Just today I had a friend machine some new plates for it. Hes now got $30 in it, which is cheaper than you can buy a new china vise from HF for anyway.
    Jeff
    62 O, 1535, 1641, 1862, 1864, #4 cart

Comment

• J-Mech
      J-Mech commented
      Editing a comment
      Wilton is a top of the line vice! I have 2 I bought new. They weren't terribly cheap either!

I have that exact vise from my Grandfather who was born in 1900 and passed in 1965, I have the work bench that he built with the bracket you show, I also have the pair of saw horses he built that I've had since I was 16, one of them has a pocketed, not sure how to describe it, a receptor down in the body of the top of the horse that is a 2x6, then there is a solid bar that sits flush with the top of the horse but you loosen a set screw in the side, slide that bar up and the vise drops down on it and locks into place when ever you tighten it, Like I said very hard to describe so I'll post pics next week, My Grandpa's vise doesn't have any labels on it like yours but is red and has to be the same thing, he was a wood worker and had mostly Craftsman and Stanley products because they were great back then, not what they are now.
    Vic
    Vic
    Beulah, Michigan

Comment

Working...
    X