Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for the handgun enthusiasts ( dirt cheap and shoots great)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for the handgun enthusiasts ( dirt cheap and shoots great)

Palmetto State Armory is having a sale on the Taurus G2C in 9mm. why am I recommending a Taurus? not only is it inexpensive, it shoots extremely well and trouble free. My friend James from another forum recommended one to me and I bought one after holding one at a local gun shop. It points exactly like my 1911-A1 and seems to like any type of 9 mm ammo I've fed it.

Here's what he wrote on the forum he's on.
    Taurus G2C. I am a gun snob, but these are cheap and run like a sewing machine. Get yours while they are almost free!!! Other members have them, and might chime in.:seasix:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/taur...g2c931-12.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/taur...t.html#Reviews

Judge for yourself...
    https://youtu.be/qMSrp-psNAk

the one on sale is all black. Here's mine
    0622191109-00.jpg

In fact, it's sitting right next to me now.

Jeff

Jeff, I read this back when you posted it and it hasn't left my mind. I'm taking a concealed carry class in about 5 weeks. I plan just to use a .22 handgun I have for the class, but I want a 9mm. I've shot several Taurus guns, and always liked them. I'm going to go hold one, but this really looks like what I want. Thanks for posting, and the feedback!
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

I have basically the same gun only by the mfg. Kel-Tec . It's a model PF-9 in 9mm. Absolutely fantastic pocket gun. Lightweight and very thin.
      https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/pf9/

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
        Jeff, I read this back when you posted it and it hasn't left my mind. I'm taking a concealed carry class in about 5 weeks. I plan just to use a .22 handgun I have for the class, but I want a 9mm. I've shot several Taurus guns, and always liked them. I'm going to go hold one, but this really looks like what I want. Thanks for posting, and the feedback!
        Find a gun shop that has one ( or a friend ) and see if it fits correctly in your hand.

You should be able to pull it up with your eyes closed and when you open your eyes, you should have it aiming where you're pointing.

A lot of folks like Glocks ( they do make a good firearm ) but they point too far "up" for me. The Taurus pointed correctly for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

added

To ANYONE who is contemplating a concealed carry permit, you MUST answer this question to yourself in complete honesty. If the situation arises, will I be able to pull my firearm to protect my loved ones and follow thru without hesitation and be able to keep my "shit together" afterwards?

Hesitation on the carry permit holder's actions could result in the loss of the firearm and bad things happening.

be honest with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Doc View Post
          I have basically the same gun only by the mfg. Kel-Tec . It's a model PF-9 in 9mm. Absolutely fantastic pocket gun. Lightweight and very thin.
          https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/pistols/pf9/
          Kel Tec makes a decent weapon too. The only "disadvantage" of the single stack magazine is less rounds. The Taurus 2GC is a double stack magazine with 12 + 1 in 9mm. The advantage of the single stack is a slimmer profile.

Comment

My everyday carry gun is a Walther CCP in 9mm. It’s a single stack, but for me it fit me the best, and as Jeff said when your eyes are closed, this one pointed the best for me. A friend has the same Taurus as Jeff, and echos his praises for it.
            Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff in Pa View Post

Kel Tec makes a decent weapon too. The only "disadvantage" of the single stack magazine is less rounds. The Taurus 2GC is a double stack magazine with 12 + 1 in 9mm. The advantage of the single stack is a slimmer profile.
              My friend and I were just discussing this today. He likes slimmer profile for cc. It's one of the things I'm going to have to consider.

On a CC note, I'm a small slim man. I'm about 5'8" and 140#. I've wear, and have for years, pro rodeo Wrangler jeans, and I like them snug. I can get a pair of long underwear on, and still tuck in a denim shirt in the winter. However, no way I can get even my very small .22 in my pocket, as I tried today. Without going at least a size larger, which I do not want to do, I won't be able to use an under waist band pouch. I may have to just "go bigger", but besides that, any suggestions on a good CC holster? I move around a lot while working, and I drive a lot. Needs to be good for both movement and sitting. In the winter, it's easy. Summer, not so much. I'm just too small a guy and wear too tight of clothes to make it an easy conceal. Plus, I'm never seen with my shirt untucked, unless it's 95°+ and it's a button up denim shirt I cut the sleeves out of. Then you may find me with an untucked shirt, and maybe 2 buttons snapped. But I'm usually at home, or in a hay field when that happens, lol.
              ~Jonathan
              Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff in Pa View Post
                To ANYONE who is contemplating a concealed carry permit, you MUST answer this question to yourself in complete honesty. If the situation arises, will I be able to pull my firearm to protect my loved ones and follow thru without hesitation and be able to keep my "shit together" afterwards?

Hesitation on the carry permit holder's actions could result in the loss of the firearm and bad things happening.

be honest with yourself.
                I appreciate this post Jeff. It is a very serious responsibility, and shouldn't be entered into without a great deal of self reflection.
                ~Jonathan
                Oblong, Illinois

Comment

JMech if you're having trouble with a "very small" .22, I wonder which one? If you're thing is to carry a very small .22, the North American Arms Pug and all it's cousins come to mind. It also fits right in the dirt cheap and shoots great category. "Shoots great" is a stretch for any derringer, of course, but these bad boys can put together a tighter group than any other pistol that will fit in the fifth pocket of your Wranglers.

Also topping out the list of cheap guns that I love and will never part with is the Heritage Rough Rider single action .22LR/.22mag revolver that I bought new for $110 on my 21st birthday because everyone needs a .22 pistol to practice with. I'm coming up on 38 now, and I have not been kind to this gun. It was a lot more accurate than you'd expect for $110 new, and after 17 years of riding in the truck, at least a box of shells every range trip, and being strapped to my hip in all sorts of conditions when I've worked on the farm and in the garden in a crappy holster, it shoots just as well if not better than it did the day it came out of the box.

I will admit, though, since I started living within the city limits, I had to pick up a break barrel .22 cal pellet gun for the garden and only wear the .22 in my friend's garden and on another friend's farm.

Comment

Working...
                  X