Anyone got any projects going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got any projects going on?

And I mean any projects? House repairs, buildings, Cubs, trucks, tractors?? If you do share it!

I've been rebuilding a 1994 GMC truck for the last several weeks. Getting close to done.

20191209_132147.jpg20191211_133209.jpg20191231_152528.jpg20200106_141657.jpg20200116_093335.jpg20200109_110852.jpg20200114_100745.jpg20200122_144838.jpg20200127_162442.jpg20200127_162333.jpg

~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

We're (95% my best friend and about 5% the wife and I) redoing one of the bathrooms in the house. Lots of tile, a new sink/vanity, moved the toilet, walk in shower, new paint, trim, etc. Going with barnwood for the trim. Should look pretty nice when we're done. Wish a had a 'before' picture...it was horrible.

No Cub projects (yet).....I've got a few small things I can do (PTO bearing in 782 #2 comes to mind, and rebuild one of the 54GT spindles). I also want to start some of my seeds for garden 2020 soon.
    Brian - Spring Grove, IL
    IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
    CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
    Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
    Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

• J-Mech
      J-Mech commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have a greenhouse Brian? I've been wanting one for a few years now. Thought about building one, but I rather just buy a pre-fab one. Nothing huge... maybe 6x10 or 6x8.

• SS5150
      SS5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't.....but I've been thinking about a small one as well. My Uncle (that owns the garden center) has several, obviously, and I need to see what a small one would cost.

I’ve got a ton of house projects going on. Dad was out here last week and we put down new floors in 70% of the house, finished gutting the breezeway then wired, insulated and hung drywall. Also spruced up a bathroom. Still have a lot to do, but I’m going to hire out the finish work. Almost ready to schedule the new roof. It takes a lot to get a house ready to sell when it’s older and there are a lot of unfinished projects. All the Cubs have to be packed up and moved too.
    Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

Comment

saws 2020 (2).JPGsaws 2020 (3).JPGsaws 2020 (4).JPGsaws 2020 (1).JPGsaws 2020 (5).JPGsaws 2020 (6).JPGsaws 2020 (7).JPG I've been working on chainsaws.
      Pulled four out of the shop, over at the company, that's been sitting for all of four years.
      Three Jonsered, and an old Homelite Super XL Automatic. The Homelite was a saw I learned to run one on. It's going to be a piece of "wall art" for the shop.
      Last week I took the Homelite apart, and completely cleaned it, damn near looks good enough to come in the house.
      I dissembled the three Jonsered's, dumped the fuel. Actually, the fuel that's been in them all these years, didn't smell to bad, could have probably ran them on it. The fuel "we" used to get, had no additive, straight up, the good stuff.
      So today, got the three saws back together, new fuel, and running. Don't know what I'll end up doing with them, but didn't want them just sitting there doing nothing. Suppose, no different, except they'll be sitting here doing nothing.
      Going to do some research on the Homelite. "Might" be something to get into. Chainsaws"
      I'll put some pictures up tomorrow.

(Sidenote) Jon, how come I can't comment on your post?
      Is that your truck?
      They can't all be turn key.
      Make the best of each and every day.
      Todd
      Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Todd, the forum software won't let you make a comment on the first post in a thread. Not sure why, but it won't.

No, it isn't my truck. It's one of the many trucks up at the farm. I should be wrapping up my part on it this next week. That is, until we get the new fenders and other parts painted and we can install them. Then, I have 2 planters, two 4wd tractors (the 4586 and a new to the farm this month 9330) and a new to the farm 544 hydro all to work on. Currently, in the evening I am working on another 544 hydro with hydro issues. And fixing my vehicles, lol. I'm only working on like 4 things at once!
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Comment

• SS5150
          SS5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got alot of seat time on a 9330 in the late 90s/early 2000s. Darn good tractors...but that 6-7 shift can be rough. I miss the old horse....it got traded on an STX 275, that really wasn't as good.

Nothing going on here... injured my dominate thumb back in early nov, reqiured surgery and a skin graph from the fore finger. Just finally gettin able to control a pc mouse again, will be off work a few more weeks but I'll be good to go before bike ridin' season. First tractor seat time all winter was yesterday on the Columbia moving a ittle snow.

100.JPG

Lance S.
        Alberta Canada

Comment

I wondered where you had been hiding Lance. Usually you keep us updated with snow pics and the Alberta winter. Glad you are healing up!

So.... how did you hurt your thumb?
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Just closed on 12 acres in Smithsburg MD... 6 for the wife's horses and 6 for my sanity.... has a nice Creek (Middle Creek) running through it.... Deer everywhere along with bear.... Used to be a Christmas Tree farm so I will be busy cutting them up and clearing the property for fencing.... I HATE HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Randy
            Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

Sweet! It's nice to have a place where you can get all your future Christmas trees.
              A place you can pee and no one will holler at you for doing so. That's always been a thing for me, pee where I want, when I want.
              What you gotta do then Randy, put up a pole shed, or barn for the "hay burners?"
              Any fish in the "creek", or is it a trickle creek that won't support fish? What other types of trees on the land? Yeah, I'm interested. Love the outdoors.
              Shit, I often told Nancy, if we ever had to move out of here, into town, slip something good in my next drink, cause I ain't going.
              They can't all be turn key.
              Make the best of each and every day.
              Todd
              Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Nice saws there Todd! My great uncle had one of those blue homelites it was a good torque saw but a little heavy and left the hands numb after a while.
                ​​​
                I saw this thread pop up and thought it was perfect for my recent find/project. Found this old c60 Bob truck about a month ago at a farm sale I always had a soft spot for this era of Chevy trucks ( learned to drive on Dad's 1966 c20). It runs very good hoist and hydraulics work good. I'm currently finishing up getting the brakes up to par. Next step is to try to find some newer style rims to replace the old split rims on it. When it's all said and done we'll probably just use it for some short runs here around the farm to help during busy season ( and to help bring back memories of the old trucks) probably spend more $$ than it's worth but just my preference my do full refurb eventually. Any how here's the important part. IMG_20200125_125500588_HDR.jpgIMG_20200125_125531760_HDR.jpg when I bought it. IMG_20200208_163840512_HDR.jpg she made the 40 mile trip to her new home. IMG_20200208_173013966.jpg 61,943 miles on the 1family owned truck.

Comment

Here's the original 327 inside and another pic from auction day. IMG_20200125_125416087.jpgIMG_20200125_125424375.jpgIMG_20200125_111851670_HDR.jpg inside shot looks like most old farm trucks. Just enough room for one to get in drive lol. IMG_20200125_125403128_HDR.jpg

Comment

• zippy1
                    zippy1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Very cool.
                    Always like the old grain trucks. Every farm around here had one.
                    The neighbor closest to us, who now rents our tillable land has an old Ford ??? sitting back in the woods, fading into the ground. Sad, that'll be it's final resting place.
                    Good to see yours will be taken care of, and your reliving days gone by.

• J-Mech
                    J-Mech commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Grew up driving a 72 C50 2-ton on grandad's farm. We still use a 1967 C50, 1976 C60, and a 1983 C50 on the farm. (I think I got all the years and models correct, lol.) I have a soft spot for the 70'S trucks myself. My dream is to buy another 72 C50 with 10 bolt wheels, shorten the frame, put on a dually pickup bed, install a B5.9 Cummins and a 10 speed and use it to pull a gooseneck. That way it has plenty of gears for the small engine to use. Maybe someday.

Riley, at least that truck has 10 bolt wheels and not Dayton's. Should be easy to get a set of 10 bolt rims from a truck yard. Bolt pattern is a common one as I recall.

There was a chevy in my area identical to that one some years ago. I thought maybe that was it until I saw the name on the side and you confirmed it was a one owner truck.

Very cool!

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
                  And I mean any projects? House repairs, buildings, Cubs, trucks, tractors?? If you do share it!

I've been rebuilding a 1994 GMC truck for the last several weeks. Getting close to done.

20191209_132147.jpg20191211_133209.jpg20191231_152528.jpg20200106_141657.jpg20200116_093335.jpg20200109_110852.jpg20200114_100745.jpg20200122_144838.jpg20200127_162442.jpg20200127_162333.jpg
                  Looks like you're doing a nice job. Did you swap vins?

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue11 View Post

Looks like you're doing a nice job. Did you swap vins?
                    Thanks!
                    State has been contacted, and we are waiting on them to come certify the swap.
                    ~Jonathan
                    Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Looks like you're do'n a damned good job there j-mech.
                      get'r done and get'n it did.
                      and I think and agree with everything you said zipp,
                      especially taking a leak.
                      It's not home,
                      if ya can't piss off the porch.
                      Lmao!

Comment

Zippy, yes Pole barns are in the plans, one for her horses and one for me!!! Gonna set up a 100yrd range and get a hardened hunting blind...Don't do cold anymore....Shit heat and smoking a cigar and banging deer....oh and a coffee... Sitting up in a tree stand freezing my ass off has long past!! Middle Creek has Brooks and Brown trout....
                        Randy
                        Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

• J-Mech
                          J-Mech commented
                          Editing a comment
                          How far from the house is the property Randy? She gonna move all the horses out there?
                      Working...
                      X