Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dam did everyone go into hiding with the so called media pandemic???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dam did everyone go into hiding with the so called media pandemic???

Randy
    Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

I'm still here, yes it's been quiet, I'm waiting for parts on my project.
    Vic
    Vic
    Beulah, Michigan

Comment

I’m here. Been busy getting our house ready to sell before our move across country. Got to pack all the Cubs up too
      Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

Comment

I'm here too! Busy fixing big tractors...

20200227_135719.jpg20200227_135741.jpg20200212_084328.jpg

But, it is warming up and the grass is getting green. Going to help Lance next weekend move stuff to Illinois for storage. Then have to get yard and garden equipment ready to go for the season. Plan to mow with the 1650 Lance picked up for me last year. So, I will do a thread on that when I get to it.

I ain't scared of a mutated flu virus, but apparently the governor of our lousy state is! Shut down all schools for two weeks!!! So now we need food to feed all these kids lunch, but oh yeah, the stores are bare because of the idiots who think the world is going to end. Every freaking store is going bare! Rrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Lol. Yep, alot and to many nut jobs out there.

Comment

Schools shut down here too, everyone buying TP and hand sanitizers. People are going F-ing nuts!
            Rich

Comment

Schools down for 3 weeks here, the biggest part of our business is for a few airlines, worried that they will quit spending money on silly things like signs.
              3 weeks with no school, we're too old to have kids but what are all those parents going to do, need somebody to watch them if they are young, lunch for them, etc. I feel sorry for those people. Just don't quite get it...
              Vic
              Beulah, Michigan

Comment

My brother works for a hospital in the (northern, nicer) Chicago suburbs- they just got tests and started testing this morning- they are in full pandemic mode and are isolating floors of the hospital already. Said lots of contagious people coming in. I'll talk to him tonight after work but the situation doesn't sound good. This is not the suburban hospital that had positive patients earlier this week.

I don't get the hoarding of the cleaning products....everything I've seen is it's a 2-3 week run. How much do you really need?

Work had been slow, but dramatically slowed down even more towards the end of the week. Next few weeks should be interesting.

On a good note, last Sunday I had the 1050 out and moldboarded the rest of my garden. I should get some pics up.
                Brian - Spring Grove, IL
                IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
                CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
                Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
                Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

Oh, I'm around. Been sitting tight.
                  Same in our neck of the woods. Governor "dipshit" closed scrools for three weeks. Stores are out of TP, and I'm hearing folks are all in a freak out over the virus. I really don't know what to think. I do know, I don't "need" it...
                  I'm doing my normal, staying around the home front. I like it better that way.
                  They can't all be turn key.
                  Make the best of each and every day.
                  Todd
                  Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

All I know is I have 4 rolls left and theres none to be found in my town. Good thing my mom lives next door! Including spring break, school is out for 4 weeks here. My son is in a half day work program and is beyond excited that hes gonna make some good money working full time hours for a month. I see Walmart has started closing stores at 11 to restock instead of being open 24 hours. I just hope this crap passes soon and we cant return to our normal lives.
                    Jeff
                    62 O, 1535, 1641, 1862, 1864, #4 cart

Comment

Pics from last sunday 20200308_181654.jpg20200308_181713.jpg20200308_181641.jpg
                      Fall was real wet so I never got a chance to plow.....weather had been good and ground looked dry enough to work so i went for it. Really like this tractor.
                      Brian - Spring Grove, IL

Comment

Originally posted by SS5150 View Post
                        Fall was real wet so I never got a chance to plow.....weather had been good and ground looked dry enough to work so i went for it. Really like this tractor.
                        Same here, too wet to plow in the fall. I also really like my 1050. Especially after adding the creeper, sleeve hitch, spring assist and going to skinny front snd 8.50 rear tires. Now if I can get the front grille shell fixed so I can put lights on it, switch to a CI rear so I can put one of my rear PTO's on it and get a 14hp (or a 16 if I can find one) in it, I think it will be the perfect garden tractor. Hydraulics would be nice too, lol.
                        ~Jonathan
                        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

• SS5150
                          SS5150 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hydraulic lift would be nice on one of these! Can be tough to lift even with the spring assist.

Ran out of TP at work on Friday, barely made it out of the Dollar General with the last pack of Angel Soft. Boss makes a dollar, I make a dime, that's why I poop on company time. That's coming back to burn me, though. I work in an industry that caters to bars and restaurants, which were also shut down by my asshat governor.

About to put the cub on a trailer and start roto tilling gardens. I figure it shouldn't be hard to scare up 4-5 jobs a day and quadruple my current salary while I'm laid off, in cash.

Had a special election in PA yesterday, it was definitely strange working the polls and not shaking hands with people.

Other than that, I'm a crazy Libertarian prepper, so I've been ready for this my whole life. Let the boogaloo begin.

Comment

Well Illinois is officially on lockdown tomorrow. I'm an auto mechanic and repair is considered an essential service....so I'm working through it. A lot of people losing their jobs. Service has been very slow lately, so I don't anticipate being too busy. Just come in and wait for a breakdown to show up.....
                          Brian - Spring Grove, IL

Comment

South east Pennsylvania mostly shut down by the governor.

Son is a musician on cruise ships. Obviously not now. With bars, restaurants and clubs shut down, no small income from gigs. He bought his first house in December, small house. Daughter works in a medical lab. Workload is 1/3 normal due to elimination of elective procedures. She is anticipating a lay off.

No snow this winter. So I plowed the leaf compost pile. Found the crankshaft seal behind the PTO (Kohler CH18) weeping slightly. Original seal from ~ 1993. Never had PTO off engine. Replaced seal along with exhaust gaskets.

Watching grass turn green. Hanging out, staying home.

Comment

Working...
                            X