Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting your tractors ready for season

Couldn't find a place to put this.
    So yeah, I'm starting a new thread, to show your tractors, or attachments, getting them ready for the season.
    I got the "2372" out of the barn, and changed the oil, and filter. Filled it up with some fresh Kohler oil. Cleaned the air filter, and greased...
    IMG_3982.JPG
    They can't all be turn key.
    Make the best of each and every day.
    Todd
    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

782 crank.jpg . 782 plow.jpg ​ ​

My adventure started Saturday- I thought I'd finally change out the PTO bearing on 782 #2 and give it an oil change. That went well until I got to the point of working the PTO off the crank and saw that the crank can be moved up and down noticeably.
    Now I'm trying to decide if I should repower, steal the front hydraulics off & install on the red 782, park it, or sell it as a roller. It's a Series 1 and burned oil so I don't want to put any money into this engine, I'm currently laid off, and I also really wanted to get my hands on a Super at some point this spring so I wanted to put my money towards that.

Other than that, the PTO bearing went great.
    Last edited by SS5150; 04-07-2020, 09:23 PM. Reason: Try to get pics to work
    Brian - Spring Grove, IL
    IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
    CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
    Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
    Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

• J-Mech
      J-Mech commented
      Editing a comment
      I can't see your pictures Brian...

• SS5150
      SS5150 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah the pics are on my phone and it isn't cooperating with me now for some reason.

• J-Mech
      J-Mech commented
      Editing a comment
      I can see them now. I dunno what the deal was.

I dropped the oil in the 1812 Saturday. Forgot to pick up more oil....Looked around and noticed the front crank seal is leaking. Not horrible..yet. Put that on the back burner for now. Keep an eye on it, hopefully it makes the season. Hand mower started with no issues! So that’s something.

I forgot you had the repower, zippy. I think I read a thread “over there”. Good looker!
    Rich

Comment

Originally posted by zippy1 View Post
      Couldn't find a place to put this.
      So yeah, I'm starting a new thread, to show your tractors, or attachments, getting them ready for the season.
      I got the "2372" out of the barn, and changed the oil, and filter. Filled it up with some fresh Kohler oil. Cleaned the air filter, and greased...
      IMG_3982.JPG
      Good looking machine right there!

Not so sure bout the guy in the background though!

Comment

Originally posted by SS5150 View Post
        . https://www.everythingcubcadet.com/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==https://www.everythingcubcadet.com/core/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

My adventure started Saturday- I thought I'd finally change out the PTO bearing on 782 #2 and give it an oil change. That went well until I got to the point of working the PTO off the crank and saw that the crank can be moved up and down noticeably.
        Now I'm trying to decide if I should repower, steal the front hydraulics off & install on the red 782, park it, or sell it as a roller. It's a Series 1 and burned oil so I don't want to put any money into this engine, I'm currently laid off, and I also really wanted to get my hands on a Super at some point this spring so I wanted to put my money towards that.

Other than that, the PTO bearing went great.
        I've seen the crank movement up and down in the opposed twins.. doesn't seem to be an issue for some reason.. got one with many hours on it.. used to bother me... not too worried bout it these days..

Comment

• SS5150
          SS5150 commented
          Editing a comment
          Other problem is this thing really burns oil bad- so bad I can't mow with it. Plowing the driveway doesn't take a lot of time so I've been using it for that. I put a new seat on it, rebuilt the steering gear, tubed the front tires, and rattle can painted the white a few years ago. The pto was noisy & I had a bearing so I figured I'd change it out while I'm off.

I took the plow off my 1450, put the mower deck on and cut grass for the first time tonight.
        E0BE4D89-E3DA-4509-B644-38E724D44A0D.jpeg
        -Nick
        125, 126, 147, 129 x 3, 149, 1450, 1320
        3 42” Blades, 3 42” Triangle Decks, 2 44A Decks, 38” LT Deck, 42” Stone Rake, #4 Cart

Comment

• zippy1
          zippy1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Good looking tractor Nick.
          HOLY shit, your lawn sure is green. Ours is about half and half right now. Be cutting in a couple weeks. Couple good rains, and away we go.

• jaynjeep
          jaynjeep commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah our grass isn't green like that yet either! Got weeds growing but my Bermuda grass is late to green.. Looks great!

Well, gave it a bath today. Unbelievable amount of grime on this thing. Starter only held in with one nut. Mice built a house in the fan housing. After cleaning I pulled the front crank seal and it doesn't look like the bearing spun in the block, but can see the vertical movement. The rear feels to be tight.
        Put a couple feelers out today for a couple of other engines/machines, but so far no response. A little disappointing but it is what it is. All things considered i'd really rather not reuse this engine, given the oil consumption rate.
        Plastics on my 1861 are starting to go, and that tractor leaks EVERYWHERE, but at the moment, has a 54GT on it, and its the main mower. Wish I could stuff the GT under this one & put the M18 in it but I don't think the 54 fits without the swept forward super steer axle. The Cyclops is more comfortable too.
        Anyway now I'm rambling. Called back to work on Monday, so a little good news.
        Brian - Spring Grove, IL
        IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
        CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
        Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
        Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

• jaynjeep
          jaynjeep commented
          Editing a comment
          The Cyclops axle, deck and M18 will go right in that one... but you are right.. the Cyclops series are a bit more comfortable
      Working...
      X