Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tractor

"Needed" to add to the fleet.
    I'm thinking it applies to tractors. Have one for each implement, like we always say with GT's.
    It's always a bugger, switching between the bush hog, tiller and disc. So have been "shopping" around for awhile. Looked at a B, but it just wasn't big enough for what I wanted it for.
    So decided on another L series. First was looking at the L2501, but it wasn't live PTO, so decided on the L3901. I needed another seat with armrests, so the dealer installed one out of a Grand L. "Free" of charge.
    I had the rears loaded, rear hydraulics, loader with QA, and got one neck of a deal on the forks.
    It's the same size as our L3400. Except it's got a few more hp, and that darn pollution shit.
    Pics, or it never happened.
    IMG_4248.JPGIMG_4249.JPGIMG_4254.JPGIMG_4252.JPG
    They can't all be turn key.
    Make the best of each and every day.
    Todd
    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Nothing like that new tractor smell.......looks like a really handy machine.
    Brian - Spring Grove, IL
    IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
    CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
    Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
    Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

Wow Zip!!! Congrats on the new toy!!
      The pollution crap on a Bota is manageable. My friend has a 2016 (?) and it isn't bad. It's a pain, but it isn't bad.

So, what duty is this one getting? Mower, tiller?
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Congrats on the new tractor!
        -Nick
        125, 126, 147, 129 x 3, 149, 1450, 1320
        3 42” Blades, 3 42” Triangle Decks, 2 44A Decks, 38” LT Deck, 42” Stone Rake, #4 Cart

Comment

Sweet ride Zip. Enjoy!

Comment

Nice tractor.

Comment

Nice!!!
              Rich

Comment

Damn Zip, that is a nice looking rig. Like Join said, what will this machine have hanging on the back? I bet the forks will come in handy for deer processing too.

Comment

Thanks.
                  I'm liking the 3400 on the bush hog. Never a need to do a regen in the high brush, or grass and weeds, so I'm thinking, that'll stay on it.
                  So, this one will be used for the tiller, and disc. And with the forks being QA, and this tractor having them, well, I guess it'll be for that too. Really, never had a use for forks, still can't think of a lot of uses. But for what they cost me with the tractor, couldn't not bring them home.
                  Nancy's pretty "happy" not having to wrestle putting on the bush hog this morning, and taking it off this afternoon, so I can put the tiller on. I don't mean "I", cause there is no I when it comes to changing them over. That's all her.
                  I've still got it in the shop, I need to change over the female hydraulic couplers yet. Move the hydraulic lever over closer to the fender, as with this seat, it's wider than the original, and rubs on the side of the seat.
                  Then, we'll see what it'll do.
                  Yeah Todd, suppose the forks will work for that. Cause, we'll "need" to harvest a bunch this year. You know any body who likes that stuff?
                  They can't all be turn key.
                  Make the best of each and every day.
                  Todd
                  Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Zippy, you'll figure out really fast how handy pallet forks are. You'll use them all the time in short order!
                    ~Jonathan
                    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Can we say GRAPPLE??? Nice!!
                      Randy
                      Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

Nice Tractor Zippy! It will be great not having to change implements back and forth, congrats.
                        Vic
                        Beulah, Michigan

Comment

Working...
                        X