New tool day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New tool day.

Just a place to post up about that new tool you got whether it be new, used, cheap, expensive or something homemade to do a specific job. I will kick this off with a pic of the 1/4 drive electric rachet I got from the Snap On man. The guy we hired several months ago has one and I've used it a bunch of times and really liked it so I decided to get my own. I had a choice between the standard red or the black 100th anniversary edition and you can see which I picked
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Indiana, PA
    Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

I've had the first model 1/4" for 5 years. The shop has the new long 3/8" one. They are awesome!

Comment

I've got Milwaukee Fuel at work in 1/4 and 3/8, and the reg Milwaukee at home in 1/4. Some of the best tools I've bought.
      Brian - Spring Grove, IL
      IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
      CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
      Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
      Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

A guy in my shop has one of the Snappy electrics. I’ve used it a handful of times and it’s awesome. My cordless stuff is all Milwaukee now, but having used both I probably would’ve got the Snappy one. It’s just “less chunky”. I’ve had fantastic luck with the Milwaukee stuff so far though, the 3/8 90 degree impact is AWESOME.
        Rich

Comment

My neighbor just gave me this bumper jack for sharpening the blades on his tractor. It works, but the moving parts need to be oiled from sitting. I’m thinking about adding a bracket or something for lifting tractors with it.
          B194FFD7-987C-4AF1-97EF-9C2C071E27C6.jpeg20905EB1-A4E8-4AAE-AFFF-84749CFAEF9E.jpeg3436E715-B6C2-4655-A2B8-AB7E82E2720D.jpeg
          -Nick
          125, 126, 147, 129 x 3, 149, 1450, 1320
          3 42” Blades, 3 42” Triangle Decks, 2 44A Decks, 38” LT Deck, 42” Stone Rake, #4 Cart

Comment

• olds45512
            olds45512 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool piece! You gonna use it or restore it?

• IHCubCadet147
            IHCubCadet147 commented
            Editing a comment
            For now I’m going to use it as is, but I may restore it eventually.

Just got this delivered today. It came in damage so I got it for under half price. After about 15 minutes of straightening and some touch up paint it's good as new.
          Attached Files
          Indiana, PA

Comment

• sir_lancealot
            sir_lancealot commented
            Editing a comment
            Awesome! I’m going to need me some new tool storage to fill my new Cub lair.

• SS5150
            SS5150 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a nice cart...what are the dimensions? I need to get a better cart myself. Something taller but rolls easily. I've got a Mac 2 shelf cart (the standard cart all the tool co.s rebrand) but its too short and hard to rotate around anymore.

• olds45512
            olds45512 commented
            Editing a comment
            20"deep, 46"wide, 39"tall not including the wheels or lid.

Got this breast cancer awareness screwdriver set today, it also came with a Cruz Pedregon car set with all the different cars he's ran the last 6 years Snap On has been running this promotion. These are a limited edition and 20% of the proceeds go to breast cancer research.
          Attached Files
          Indiana, PA

Comment

Don't now much about them.Was digging over at the company's shop, and found these Snap- On Torque Meters on a shelf.
            Anyone ever used them?
            snap3.JPGsnap2.JPGsnap3 (2).JPGsnap4.JPGsnap1.JPGsnap5.JPG
            They can't all be turn key.
            Make the best of each and every day.
            Todd
            Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

• Redblower
              Redblower commented
              Editing a comment
              Todd, what a find, those have got to be worth something if only for preserving history, nice!

• zippy1
              zippy1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, wasn't planning on using them. Really, no reason.
              Thinking some "wall art". Conversation piece.

• J-Mech
              J-Mech commented
              Editing a comment
              Todd, I have used them. I had one, but I think I traded it in for a larger one. I would be very interested in the inch pound wrench if you would want to sell it. If not, I understand. Great find and great tools!
          Working...
          X