Went visiting today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went visiting today

Went over by a guy I know today. He had part of his tractor collection out, so stopped by for a visit.
    This guy is a die hard IH fanatic, as you can see. He bought my 856 a few years back, and it's right now in the restoration process.
    He has all of the demonstrators in his collection, but most are not finished yet. This is a fraction of his collection, yeah, he's got it bad. Close to the entire 88 series, I don't know, he was rattling off numbers, and I was just listening.
    Anyway, we took a "few" pictures, if anyone is interested. The scout on the left, that's a diesel. Huh, I never knew they made em'... Bob's tractors (1).JPGBob's tractors (3).JPGBob's tractors (4).JPGBob's tractors (5).JPGBob's tractors (6).JPGBob's tractors (7).JPGBob's tractors (10).JPG
    Attached Files
    They can't all be turn key.
    Make the best of each and every day.
    Todd
    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Part 2.
    Bob's tractors (11).JPGBob's tractors (12).JPGBob's tractors (13).JPGBob's tractors (14).JPGBob's tractors (15).JPGBob's tractors (16).JPGBob's tractors (17).JPGBob's tractors (18).JPGBob's tractors (20).JPGBob's tractors (22).JPG
    Todd

Comment

That 5088 sure is nice! I like the 986 too. Very nice collection. Did he or does he farm?
      Brian - Spring Grove, IL
      IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
      CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
      Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
      Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

Originally posted by SS5150 View Post
        That 5088 sure is nice! I like the 986 too. Very nice collection. Did he or does he farm?
        Yes he sure does. He's 3rd generation. He, (Bob) graduated in 85, and took over his fathers 50 head of milk cows.
        He started building then, and today is up to 5000 head of milk cows, and just over 10,000 head total. That's cows, young stock, and calves.
        He's about the biggest farm in the county. He told me that he's building his dream, and to have his three boys take it over, when he's 65. He's building again...
        Farms with all green machines, but collects RED. His father farmed with red machines, as did his grandfather, so is the reason for his "obsession" with IH.
        This guy is one of the few around here that plants, and harvests his own crops. Most hire to come in and do the planting, and harvest. His place is like a city around his "farm." It is something to see...
        Todd

Comment

That's an awesome collection to see Zip! Really cool you know him!
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
            That's an awesome collection to see Zip! Really cool you know him!
            Yeah Jon, know him well. Our "company" did all the dirt work until "we" shut the doors.
            He's now doing his own dirt work. He bought a great deal of our equipment...
            Todd

Comment

That's incredible Todd, fun guy to know, Thanks for the pics!
              Vic
              Beulah, Michigan

Comment

Randy
                Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

Very nice collection he has. I would love to see more of it if you get a chance to get more pictures.
                  -Nick
                  125, 126, 147, 129 x 3, 149, 1450, 1320
                  3 42” Blades, 3 42” Triangle Decks, 2 44A Decks, 38” LT Deck, 42” Stone Rake, #4 Cart

Comment

"graduated in '85"... me too/
                    Id love to take one of those Scouts for an extended joyride..... have always liked those, even back when I had my Ramcharger about 30 years ago.....
                    Don
                    Kankakee IL

Comment

Damn, that's nice stuff right there bud! Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Working...
                      X