Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New addition to the "family,"

Yeah, glutton for punishment.
    Colt, our lab is now 6 years old, and I usually like to bring a puppy in when they get bout that age.
    Just so happens, my cousin has a female, yellow lab, and they were looking to add one to their "family." So, a female, and male lab, "should" make puppies. Well, sure enough, she had 7, four females, and 3 males.
    I've been a black lab lover, well, for the last five before Colt came along. So we ended up with pick of the litter, and that's where "Clyde" comes in.
    The pups were born July 6th, we brought him home Friday. (28th) It's been "interesting" the last two days. The days have actually been pretty good, it's the nights that have been, well, hell. Friday night, he was up every two hours, having to go outside, and last night was only every four, so that's getting better, or we just got lucky Saturday night.
    House training is always "fun", not! I've always been a crate/kennel trainer. It's worked the last six dogs, so if it ain't broke...
    Here's some pictures of the "new addition."
    colt and clyde (2).JPGcolt and clyde (11).JPGcolt and clyde (4).JPG

They can't all be turn key.
    Make the best of each and every day.
    Todd
    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Congratulations on Clyde being Colt's playmate. Good looking puppy. May you sleep well in the next few weeks.

Comment

Nice dog Zip!
      We had a black Lab growing up. Great dogs!
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

He's going to be a big boy when he grows into those paws.
        Brice

Comment

Good looking new family member Todd! Where did that name come from? All your other "little buddies" had gun names. Oh, now I remember....your Governor wants gun control so you don't want to "add fuel to the fire"

Sorry...couldn't resist......Ya, I need to call you, I gotta a lotta shit to talk about.

Comment

• zippy1
            zippy1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, "kind" of used up the good gun name thing.
            This name came from an old Waylon song. "Clyde"...
            Yeah, every time I think to call, it's to late, or somethings going on. "Soon." I bet I know one thing you're referring to.

Good looking pup!
          -Nick
          125, 126, 147, 129 x 3, 149, 1450, 1320
          3 42” Blades, 3 42” Triangle Decks, 2 44A Decks, 38” LT Deck, 42” Stone Rake, #4 Cart

Comment

Beautiful pup! I miss my black lab, hope to have another some day.
            Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
            Indiana, PA
            Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

Lab's are great companions, he'll definitely keep you all entertained and the other lab busy and happy.

Comment

Black
                Labs
                Matter

Comment

Working...
                X