1440 engine upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1440 engine upgrade.

I need to upgrade the engine in the 1440, the 14hp engine bogs down on my hill and i'm afraid it will be even worse once i install the fan assisted bagger. Small engine warehouse has an 18hp drop in listed but nothing bigger. I was wondering if i could just order the 23hp drop in for a 782 since both tractors run on the same basic frame? What issues might arise that i will need to address?
    Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Indiana, PA
    Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Driveshaft is the only "issue" I can see, but Jeff can help you with that. Might have issues getting it all under hood though.....
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
      Driveshaft is the only "issue" I can see, but Jeff can help you with that. Might have issues getting it all under hood though.....
      You think the engine will be too wide to fit with the plastic on? The other thought was to put the engine in the 782 and set it up with a super steer axle so I can run the deck from a cyclops.
      Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
      Indiana, PA
      Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

Originally posted by olds45512 View Post

You think the engine will be too wide to fit with the plastic on? The other thought was to put the engine in the 782 and set it up with a super steer axle so I can run the deck from a cyclops.
        I was thinking it might be too tall, depending on the air filter setup. I'm not saying it won't fit, just might not. If not, yeah, you could drop it in the 782.
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Working...
        X