Anyone visiting here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone visiting here?

I see that there are guys stopping in and visiting. I add new members now and again. Is no one doing anything? Or are you guys like me, just busy and don't take time to post everything you do? I'd sure like to see at least some chatter on here.....
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

yUP, aand searching for masks. Lmao

Comment

I'm on here Jon, but Y'all have to be getting sick of hearing my woes! (I know I am)

But seriously I talked to a guy today that gave me some ideas to try, things I've tested before but as a last ditch effort I will test them again, the logic only leads to a couple of things, I will definitely post when something works or things progress.

Vic
      Beulah, Michigan

Comment

I check in each day but no projects really happening. Going to mount my thrower tomorrow I think.
        Brian - Spring Grove, IL
        IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
        CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
        Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
        Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

Hi everyone! Still interested in Cubs and check in here on occasion but since all the Covid BS I've been taking care of my 9 year old granddaughter everyday for online schooling while my daughter works. By the time the school day is over and she leaves, its time for chores and honey-dos. In the few last months I've probably spent around 4 hours total in my shop. Most of that was servicing the 2072 and making ready for winter snow plow duty, along with servicing both daughters snow blowers. (nope not shoveling for them) They bought homes, they get to take care of them! I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving and wish all of you Merry Christmas!

Comment

I stop in about once a day to check for new posts, but I agree it's been pretty quiet.

I wish I could post more, but I am out of space for cub projects and it's an in between season. No more mowing for the year and now waiting for the white stuff to show up. I've been tossing around the idea of building a rear weight bracket for suitcase weights on a 1641.
            Brice

Comment

Good to hear from you guys!

I will try and get some posts up over the next week or so. I always have projects going, just run out of time for posting. This year has been crazy without a doubt and sounds like it was for everyone.
              ~Jonathan
              Oblong, Illinois

Comment

I usually stop by at least once a day, just haven’t had much to post about. Knock on wood, all my tractors have been running good recently. If you guys are interested in snowmobiles, I could show off the one I have been resurrecting, otherwise not much interesting stuff going on.
                -Nick
                125, 126, 147, 129 x 3, 149, 1450, 1320, 2135
                3 42” Blades, 3 42” Triangle Decks, 2 44A Decks, 38” LT Deck, 42” Stone Rake, #4 Cart

Comment

• SS5150
                  SS5150 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love snowmobiles. I have (had) 6 Ski-Doos's myself- 2000 formula Z, 2002 mxz sport,, 2005 mxz adrenaline, 2010 mxz sport, 2011 mxz tnt, 2016 mxz tnt.. Dad had a 71 tnt, 81 blizzard, and 85 formula. I still have the 11 & 16, both 800 e-tecs. They can really haul the mail...
                  I'd love to find another 2000 Formula Z like I had. 1 year only model, very low production numbers. VERY STRONG 700 engine. Easily ran with '01+ 800s, and pulled better mileage. Cool sled.
                  Another sport that is getting incredibly expensive. Can't see myself buying another, other than maybe swap the '11 for another '15-16, as they ride a little better and have better wind protection.

• IHCubCadet147
                  IHCubCadet147 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  This is my first one, but my dad always had them up until about 10 years ago. I’m working on getting his last one back too, a 1995 Polaris Indy XLT Special. Last year my neighbor gave me his old Yamaha Excel III for free, it was sitting outside for a few years, didn’t take too much work to get it running. I’ll start a thread about it when I get a chance.

Check in almost daily, not working on anything. Seems like I’m putting everything off til later. Sending my relief valves out next week. Used the 1812 to tow the log splitter to a downed elm. Got it back home and had a nice puddle of hytran under it. I’d document it but figured everyone knows what to do there. Lol
                Rich

Comment

My only project for this last month has been MOVING..... man I have collected waaay too much sht latey..LOL

took the bike out for a little rip yesterday so that was a nice break.... on dec 5

046.JPG
                  Lance S.
                  Alberta Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Skene View Post
                    My only project for this last month has been MOVING..... man I have collected waaay too much sht latey..LOL

took the bike out for a little rip yesterday so that was a nice break.... on dec 5

046.JPG
                    I haven't been on my bike in weeks now. Moved it to the town garage a while back. It had sat for weeks prior to that. Honestly, due to the stupid "restrictions" this summer, and the fact that the county chip and sealed every road up to the farm, I didn't ride much this year at all. If we went anywhere on the bike, no one would let us in to eat. Hard even to find places to let you in to the restroom. It's all so stupid. Anyway, I think maybe I put 12 or 1500 miles on it this summer. 2020 sucked. I noticed it had a puddle of antifreeze under it the other day. Oh joy!
                    ~Jonathan
                    Oblong, Illinois

Comment

It's been a while since I posted much but it's been a heck of a year. Hopefully now that it's winter I'll have some time to tune in more often, and keep everyone in the loop.

Comment

I check in every day for Cub service, build topics. Thank you everyone to allowing me following along.

My 1864 mower wacked a stump this past summer. Spindle housing was destroyed. Fortunately, that was the extent of my Cub issues. Just doing Cub maintenance.

Multiple minor home projects and helping children relocate. I am saddened for what the Pennsylvania elected officials are doing to small business and of course the election BS. 2020 can pass soon enough. The vaccine will hopefully be safe and allow life to be more normal.

Comment

Yeah, same here. Check in almost every day, but have NO projects to post about.
                          After this summer, I've become one big slacker. Done much of nothing...
                          They can't all be turn key.
                          Make the best of each and every day.
                          Todd
                          Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

I check in every morning before work. No Cubbie projects going on yet but I think I did blow the gerotor out of my 3205 2 months ago. When I get the time to do the repair I'll post the pics.

Comment

Working...
                            X