Arnie Cunningham.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnie Cunningham.

Mike had to explain to me the other day who Arnie Cunningham is, turns out he's the main character in the movie Christine. Over the years I've seen small bits and pieces of the movie but never the whole thing until last night, I was looking for a movie on demand and there it was so I figured I'd see what all the hype was about. I thought the movie was pretty good, I was really impressed with the 1983 cgi that made the car go from being smashed to being perfect again.
    Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Indiana, PA
    Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Lol. I'd been meaning to Google that name. Figured it meant something.
    For the record, I've watched a lot of the "old classics"... but not that one.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
      It's worth watching if you get a chance. The movie I remember seeing as a kid was The Car, I'm gonna have to see if I can find it online to watch it again. Duel was also a pretty good movie.
      Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
      Indiana, PA
      Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
        You've never seen the movie Christine ?
        WTH? Come on Jon, get with it...
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

I've even seen it a few times.
          Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Thanks for the mention Tim. Yeah, it’s been my favorite movie for years and I’ve almost memorized it.

Kind of the story of us. We get taken over by collecting these garden tractors, see some ragged out one in the weeds or woods somewhere and freak out and gotta have it. And for some reason no one understands how cool we think it is. Then they take over our lives! Shi&&ers!

PS glad you took the time and watched it.

Comment

Christine is one of my all time favorites. I even read the book, which says alot for me. I read an article once about how they made the car look like it was fixing itself. IIRC they used hydraulic cylinders to collapse the sheetmetal then played the video in reverse.
              Jeff
              62 O, 1535, 1641, 1862, 1864, #4 cart

Comment

Working...
              X