X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow

Come on guys, it's dead on here....
    Anyone getting any snow??

We keep getting a couple inches, then it melts. No need to clear it. Brian, you live up around Chicago. I know you got snow. Todd? Vic? Lance cleared snow the other day... Where's the pictures?! Lance Skene, I'm sure you have snow.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Just came in after about 2 hours on the 1864 with the plow. A variable depth 4"-6" heavy wet snow fell overnight. Was starting to sleet as I put the tractor away. Sorry no pictures. The first few passes the snow rolled off the blade like scooping sherbet. Then as it gets deeper and denser and harder to push the plow starts to push the tractor sideways. The new V61 front tires track much better than the turfs. If the front tires are turned (angled) too much, then more slip and the tractor pushes. Back off on the slip angle and the V61 tires will track pretty well in the slippery snow. Biggest difficulty is the edge of the road as it is crowned a lot. Tractor wants to slide sideways as I try to turn across the icy road. Always like plowing snow if within the capability of the plow and rubber chains. Although I have a snow blower, it is heavy to move and attach. And we rarely get a lot of snow requiring the snow blower.

Comment

• J-Mech
      J-Mech commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you need to get the snowblower out and mounted up!

We got snow yesterday and today. Probably 5” total, and more forecasted tonight. Got sent home early from work, came home to find my neighbors did my parking area, and the sidewalk. I still got to shovel steps. Oh well. Loaded up the 1812 and went into my paps. Bent the ramp unloading off the trailer. So the cub is staying at his place until I get a better set. No pics though, phone was almost dead and cold.
    Rich

Comment

• J-Mech
      J-Mech commented
      Editing a comment
      I bought a brand new set of ramps this summer. Rated for like 800 or 900 pounds individually. They were not sold as a set. I bought and moved a Deere mower and bent the snot out of the ramps. Near as I can tell, the Deere was well within the weight limit. At max, at the weight limit. Really pissed me off! I figured it was more trouble than it was worth to try and get them replaced for free, so I laid them out and drove over them with my pickup to straighten them up. Cheap junk.... and they weren't even cheap!

• Yettrbomb
      Yettrbomb commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea these weren’t cheap, either! I figure I’m at the max as well weight wise. Gonna bend them back, and add some 1x1 angle underneath them I think.

Plowed for a second time today and still snowing. I'm at limit of pushing piles with limited traction due to rubber chains. Storm so far 10-12" Love plowing with the Cub Cadet. I would have plowed my neighbors driveway, but he was using a new ATV with a plow.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hey Jon, I would've posted something but it keeps going south of us!!!

The guys in PA have been having all the fun.

I know most of you will think I'm crazy but I moved up here from Ohio because there wasn't enough snow down there, this year has stunk for outside winter activities, I like to ice fish, just have "safe ice" to my standards last week so hope to get out soon. And I like to xc ski, that has been thin but passable for the last two weeks only.

We only have 12" accumulative as of 2/1, that settles down to about 6", half way thru winter! We are normally in the 36" - 48" range by now, but...

We supposedly have a doozy coming in Thursday thru Sunday, maybe totaling 12" depending upon where you are, I'll believe it when I see it!

Stay tuned.
      Vic
      Beulah, Michigan

Comment

• J-Mech
        J-Mech commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah..... you're crazy! Lol.

Actually we havent had much snow, got about 3" once about a month ago and I used the Bronco II to clear that. Im just finally getting settled into my new place and there is a couple areas here I might want to clear but I'll use the B2.... its got a heater... my tractors dont.Lol

018.JPG
      Lance S.
      Alberta Canada

Comment

• J-Mech
        J-Mech commented
        Editing a comment
        That heated cab means a lot more than it used to doesn't it, lol.
        How you liking the new place Lance?

We got about 7.5" saturday into sunday, then got into the low 30s. Broke the coil spring pin on the transfer shaft of my QA. Thankfully I had a spare. Ordered a few more from McMaster Carr. Both my sleds needed new batteries. Today I'm fighting with ice buildup on my eves- our eves are like 3-3.5 feet wide. Bunch of downspouts froze up. Trying to clear it up now.

Last weekend I inherited a new project- friend/client of my wife and her husband moved to Florida, and they owed me a few hundred dollars for some work I did for them a few years back. To his credit he called me and offered me his cub- a 3204. It hadn't run in years, but only had 447 hours on it. He gave up on it because they couldn't get it to start/run. I've determined (so far) that the seat switch was iffy, and rebuilt the carb and installed a new fuel line. I've got it stripped down but drove it around last night.

Spent some time on the 782 about a month ago, just didn't seem to be getting full RPM. Found an issue with the linkage and reset the governor. MUCH better now! Feels like a different machine. I'd estimate I was only getting 75-80% of rpm before.
      Brian - Spring Grove, IL
      IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
      CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
      Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
      Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

We haven't got enough snow to need a plow for 3rs now.
        Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
        Indiana, PA
        Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

• J-Mech
          J-Mech commented
          Editing a comment
          We haven't either. I get everything ready every year though because we do get snow. It's just not as often anymore. You know global warming.... temps next week are forecasted to be zero at night, barely double digits in the day.... but the earth is heating up. *Eye Roll*

Ok, we finally got some snow, 10" in just less than 24 hours, it wasn't wet and heavy but it wasn't lake effect either, had some density, usually takes me 30 min or less, took 45 min.
        Wound up with another 2" over night and cold like they predicted, low teens, supposed to not get above teens for a week or so.

Before-
        IMG_5087.jpg

During -
        IMG_5088.jpg

After -
        IMG_5090.jpg
        Clean up-
        IMG_5089.jpg

Y'all take care!
        Vic
        Beulah, Michigan

Comment

I finally got to push some snow! It's probably been 6 years, and I'm not kidding.

20210209_162912.jpg
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Comment

• Redblower
            Redblower commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that the new 782 Jon? Looks like it works.

• J-Mech
            J-Mech commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it is. It got drafted to snow duty because the 1811 and cab is 1" too tall to fit in my box trailer, and my other trailer is loaded. I would much rather had the cab and blower, lol.

• Rescue11
            Rescue11 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang! Didn't know you got a 782! Looks great!

Both my snow movers are warm and cozy for now.... we're having some -30 temps lately so I havent been moving any of my other shop tools / toys yet. Shop looks like it has alot of space but that will disappear soon enough. Lol

001.JPG 002.JPG
          Lance S.
          Alberta Canada

Comment

• Redblower
            Redblower commented
            Editing a comment
            BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

We have had 1 snow worth moving. I dont have anything cub cadet set up to move snow since we moved.

Used 8920 and gnuse. Hopefully I can get setup next year!
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

• Yettrbomb
            Yettrbomb commented
            Editing a comment
            The New Holland dealer in the background makes it!

• Redblower
            Redblower commented
            Editing a comment
            Well if you're going to do it, might as well do it right.

we had ~10" last Monday (Presidents day) I had just cleared the driveways of ~3" or so, about 11:30-noonish. I came into the house to a ringing phone. got called into work, was supposed to be off that day.
          I got home about 9 or so to 10+ inches to clear.... You dont wanna see an Ariens GT on a Cub forum, Im guessing. I have a GT19 with a 48" 2 stage blower. Never even got it outta the garage last year.

KT19 Series II, and only tractor I have ever had with power steering.
          I must say, I have never had so much traction trouble with this thing as I have this year. same setup I have had on it since I got it.
          so happy to see it almost gone now..... Id so much rather mow, than blow.
          Don
          Kankakee IL

Comment

I am beginning to wonder if that storm last week in the south took everyone out, we haven't had much snow to talk about removing since my last post, inch or two most nights, I blew a few off last weekend but it's getting so dang warm during the day by the time I get home it's too wet to blow and like I said only a couple of inches, heck we all have 4wd round here so it's not like we can't get in or out.

Looking like a lot of the same weather and extended warm for next couple of weeks, like Dodge says, it's almost over now, I say that as one of the worst we've had up here in 20 years was in mid March, lost power for 5 days, but the wet heavy snow was gone not long after that.

Y'all take care.
            Vic
            Beulah, Michigan

Comment

Good to hear from you guys!

I'm still around after all the snow. I got some good pics I guess I should share, lol. Couple videos too, but haven't uploaded them to a hosting site so I can share them yet. I want to share a bunch of stuff that I've been busy on with you guys, but it just takes so much time to take pics and update a forum. Not that I don't have the desire so much as it is just a busy time in my life. 5 kids between 10 and 15, then I farm, turn wrenches on the side, and keep my own fleet up plus a buddy's fleet who let's me use his shop in return. With the whole shut down thing, we did "remote learning" through the school, so 3 of them are basically home schooled now. That takes some extra time, but hopefully it helps them.....

Anyway..... here's some snow fighting pics I took. By the way, check out the heater I made for the 1811. Worked really well!!

20210215_121242.jpg 20210215_122640.jpg 20210215_123105.jpg 20210215_193332.jpg 20210215_123121.jpg 20210215_193345.jpg 20210216_113946.jpg 20210216_113951.jpg 20210216_114022.jpg 20210216_193123.jpg
              ~Jonathan
              Oblong, Illinois

Comment

• Rescue11
                Rescue11 commented
                Editing a comment
                That looks fun as hell!
            Working...
            X