Anybody get any snow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody get any snow?

So far we just have ice. Supposed to start snowing tonight and continue until tomorrow night. We’ll see. I think we are just going to get ice.

That said, the Cab and blower are on the 1811. 782 is ready for the blade. The new BX23S is ready for work as best it can. We ordered a front hitch, blade and broom for it so we could clear even a dusting, but they haven’t came in. Of course my luck would be like that. Ordered a cab too, but apparently it’s two months out. Oh well. Next year we should be ready. I’ll post pics tomorrow if we get to clear.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

We got about an inch of snow last week but my friend 20 miles east of me got about 6 inches of snow.

Kubota BX23S, awesome! I'd love to have a machine like that.

Comment

Our first snow was about 8-10 inches....heavy and wet.... Kubota with a loader did the trick... went out on the street and cleared the curbs for the mailman too!! Freezing rain tomorrow is expected....

Hopefully it wont be too bad for the Great American Outdoor Show Saturday in PA....
      Randy
      Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

It finally stopped snowing so we could go clear snow. Only did one place this evening. Had some issues getting going. New set up this year, so had to get things ironed out. Got a new trailer and the 1811/snowblower and BX didn’t fit like I was hoping. Also had issues loading because as we all know, those 450 blowers just won’t raise up high enough. Going to try using some additional ramps tomorrow. I didn’t snap any pics because I was just frustrated. I’ll get some tomorrow.

Here’s a shot of the Kubota the day Lance and I picked it up. We bought a bunch of equipment together. I’ll tell you guys all about that later. He and I have been busy for a couple months now working on our new business venture. Again, more on it later. Here’s some eye candy for ya, lol.

E46FDCC2-0365-4824-AF36-3ADF2546EE8B.jpg
        Attached Files
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Comment

That's sweet!!! Now get a LED Light bar that fits in between the ROPS and turn night into daylight!

Loading a deer into the bucket at night is a lot easier than trying to use the stock headlights behind the raised loader.... I also put a front winch on my BX2200...
          Randy
          Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

• J-Mech
            J-Mech commented
            Editing a comment
            We actually ordered a full cab for it. But Kubota is saying we won't have it for two months yet. Sure wish I'd had it this week!!! Brrrrrrrr!! Good thing I hadn't trimmed my beard! The cab will get some nice LED's on it for sure. Comes with two on the front, but Kubota wanted $250 for two rear LED's and the salesman said they're junk, so we'll buy our own. I'll put some good ones on it for sure because of the backhoe. Never know when you might be digging up a water line in the dark.

A BX220. That's the first series of BX tractors. I was working at a Case IH dealer who also sold Kubota when those came out. Man oh man I thought they looked like the cat's meow! Twenty years later I finally got to get one!

Here's some pics for you guys!!!

4900A63D-6808-4E18-9465-07209D36FAD9.jpg 9D63D357-6368-49E9-87E2-8BB05A608938.jpg

filedata/fetch?filedataid=4011
          Attached Files
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Comment

You guys got that storm that wend south of us, we have snow on the ground, maybe a foot, just all accumulated since beginning of year, we got about 6" between last 2 nights, Friday was wet in the mid 30's so I didn't even attempt to blow it, dropped to 10 last night and added a couple inches of lake affect so hoping it dried it out so I can blow it today.
            Vic
            Beulah, Michigan

Comment

Never got alot of snow here this winter, what we did get is mostly gone... I actually had the bike out on wed.... +12C and sunny... best of all NO BUGS...Lol

054.jpg
              Lance S.
              Alberta Canada

Comment

• J-Mech
                J-Mech commented
                Editing a comment
                I miss riding. Hadn’t been able to do much riding the last couple years. Used to ride to the farm, but built a new shop at one of the boys house. It’s on a winding gravel road. I can ride it on the GW, but then the bike is always dusty and dirty. I just need a dual sport so I don’t get the nice bike nasty. I’m ready to trade anyway. Hope you enjoyed the ride Lance!!

It did dry out enough to blow, temp of 12F helps, I don't have anyone to take the cool shots that Jonathan gets so it's just from the cab.

IMG_1040.jpg
              Vic
              Beulah, Michigan

Comment

From the cab looks cool too!!

My wife got a video I should post. It was as I was driving into some deep snow, at night, from the side. I wish she’d done one of those cool fast to slow-mo vids of the plume of snow leaving the chute. It would have been epic!!

Hey Vic, isn’t a cab just the best thing in the world when blowing snow? I think it is!!
                ~Jonathan
                Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Hey Jon,
                  Yes, cabs are the best, the day I brought this tractor home on an August day I was thinking about a cab (15 years with a walk behind will do that to you), I had it ready to go before the first snow that year.

The videos sound cool, hope to see one, I need to get my wife out and have her take some pics too.

Take care,
                  Vic
                  Beulah, Michigan

Comment

I just want to add, we bought a cab for our BX. I’m done working in the elements. It doesn’t have AC, but it can be added. ($,$$$!!) Maybe I’ll add it someday. But the rear window and both doors are removable, so it’s just a 4 post in the summer. However, it hasn’t came in yet. Not scheduled to be in until the end of March/ first of April. Oh well. Next year I can sit in the heated cab.

The heater I added to the 1811 works wonderfully for what it is. You can unzip your coat and take off your gloves inside, even at night. During the day you better take the coat off too!
                    ~Jonathan
                    Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Too bad the cab for your BX is late, my son bought his first cub this summer, a new one, I don't even know the model 21 hp I think, he did good and bought it from a local dealer, with the intention of getting a blower for it last fall, but they didn't even get any for stock this year, needless to say he was pretty bummed, he has a pretty long driveway. So finally they found a blade for him, and put that on, of course he hates it, tears up the yard, etc. seems like tractor accessories are hard to come by.

Vic
                      Beulah, Michigan

Comment

yeah we got 2 storms this month. The 1st one dumped a whole lotta snow, nearly a foot. It was damneer melted away and we got hit again this past Wed and Thurs, with more blowing than actual snow. Im guessing this more recent storm was about 1/2 the volume of the 1st one (maybe less) but with dirt showing in some places and drifts others its really tough to tell. I wound up getting to work Thurs at 6:45AM, and stayed overnite at the shop (1st time for that) I left at Noon Friday. I had like 12 hours OT in that time..... which, with the particular dep't of the state gov't I work for, is quite the rare commodity.
                        They won't pay/approve paying OT unless a different department (like IDOT) says they will pay for that OT so that my dept don't have to. otherwise, no matter the size of the catastrophe, the brass 2 hours away says "it can wait til tomorrow during normal hours". I had zero issue driving home and back during the 1st storm but in this last one, the plow drivers were saying "I wouldn't chance heading north from here(the shop) it's pretty bad". guess what/ I live north of where I work. Can definitely tell where county line is by road condition. as soon as I get out of the county I work in (Iroquois) and into the county I live in (kankakee) there is no need for a road sign telling that... road condition alone, tells that story. Dead plow trucks, was what I had to thank for this OT.....
                        Don
                        Kankakee IL

Comment

Yup, Todd is so over with winter.
                          We've had snow on the ground since November. Cold, lot of windy days.
                          Even had to bring out the "big gun" to push the piles back, cause of the snow pack.
                          Yup, spring can't get here soon enough...
                          IMG_2540.jpg
                          Attached Files
                          They can't all be turn key.
                          Make the best of each and every day.
                          Todd
                          Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Working...
                          X