Were are you generally located??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were are you generally located??

Since we cant see locations of the poster, is it possible to get a list of by state or close proximity of members? Move if you feel this falls under the suggestion topic J.... Thought we would get some discussion or IT related input as I'm just a knuckle dragger....
    Randy
    Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Originally posted by Leadslingingdaddy View Post
    Since we cant see locations of the poster, is it possible to get a list of by state or close proximity of members? Move if you feel this falls under the suggestion topic J.... Thought we would get some discussion or IT related input as I'm just a knuckle dragger....
    I've seen that on other site, might work if people aren't being paranoid. If you click of someone name you can see there location.
    Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Indiana, PA
    Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

Yea I know.... Im just lazy...
      Randy
      Frederick MD

Comment

That's fine by me.... a thread that tells where you are from. Just as a note, you can go to a members profile, and it will list a location. I made it a required field. Maybe a little later on, I can get some tech help from V Bulletin on how to ad it to the profile next to a post.

On the tech info, the technical section is filling up! Check out the "Tech Tips and Tricks" section (pic below) for some of my articles from the past. I will be doing some new ones as soon as I can. Still doing lots of work in the background on the site that can't be seen. We've had some minor issues, and lots of little things that didn't work correctly. Added a couple new forum sections..... that sort of thing. It's a work in progress!

image_287.jpg
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

I like the idea of showing a member location on the post.
          Larry
          New Market, Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by bamafan View Post
            I like the idea of showing a member location on the post.
            I do too Larry. But we haven't been able to figure out how to make it show up on the user's post.

I don't see any reason you guys can't put it in your signature for now.
            ~Jonathan
            Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post

I do too Larry. But we haven't been able to figure out how to make it show up on the user's post.

That's a good idea, By the way thanks for doing what you are doing on this site.
              Larry
              New Market, Alabama

Comment

No, thank you guys! The site is nothing without members!!
                ~Jonathan
                Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post

Ok call me slow...... Where is the Signature location to edit... ???
                  Randy
                  Frederick MD

Comment

Top right Icon>User Settings>Account> scroll about half way down “edit post signature”
                    Tanner
                    Elk River, Minnesota

Comment

Thanks Tanner!

Randy
                      Frederick MD

Comment

Working...
                      X