Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locations

Is it possible to get the general locations personnel place into the profile section to list on their postings??/ under the Avatar maybe....??? possibly, hopefully, wishfully, ummmm sorry thought I was in a different post somewhere....
    Randy
    Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

I hope so. I was working on that last night because I noticed it too. I also noticed it wasn't a required field in the user profile. There are like a million settings on the forum, and they all set to a standard default. It's finding the switch to turn on that's hard. I'll keep digging. Thanks for bringing it up! Like I said, I had only just noticed it too.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

No problem I know you are drinking from a fire hose right now
      Randy
      Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

Ok, so I spent a great deal of time on this last night. At least easily, the location can't be added to the info that shows up on each post. However, I changed the settings so that a location is a required field, both at registration, and on the user profile at all times. So, no one can have a blank location. Now..... I don't think that the system recognizes whether the location is real or not. So, we may end up seeing locations like "Nowhere, USA" and such. There may be some options that v bullitin can do for us in the coding that will add it to the profile at each post, but as of now location isn't a choice to be there. You can click on a user and it shows up on their profile page right where you can see it. I'm going to put this project on hold for now, and at a layer date talk with v bullitin about it and see what they say. Thanks for bringing it up Randy. I had no idea if it was an easy or hard thing to fix. And I want it up front where it's easy to see also.

All you guys, speak up if you see something that needs changed or addressed. We have a list of things we are working off of. We will either make corrections, or get an answer.... or just say "Yeah, we're not gonna do that", lol.
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
          It's finding the switch to turn on that's hard. I'll keep digging.

ahh, I remember my first date...

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue11 View Post

ahh, I remember my first date...
            You're hilarious
            ~Jonathan
            Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Working...
            X