Done for the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done for the season

Mowed for the last time this year. Drained the gas out of all of my gas powered stuff and ran them dry. Pulled the deck off the 2264 and cleaned the buildup out from under it. Gonna wash it and oil it to keep it from rusting. Changed the oil on the 2284. Went to buy a NAPA 1056 oil filter for the CH22 $16.99 are you serious? Same price at O'Rielly for a Wix. Bought a Kohler filter at the Scag dealer for $9.50. Now I need to put the chains and plow on the BX.

Man, you been busy, wanna come help?

Comment

I'm hoping to get in one more mow if it ever stops raining, my yard looks like a hay field and I know it would only be worse in the spring.
      Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
      Indiana, PA
      Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

With so much rain up here, we still are waiting for all the leaves to drop. As soon as they're mowed/mulched off the lawn then the grass killers can get cleaned and prepped for winter duty. The 2072 gets the big Haban plow and the 1772 may get a blower this winter if I locate a good one.

Comment

Sam, do you have any issues with the carbs drying out and then leaking when you get them filled up again in the spring? I've done that a few times, and then had more issues in the spring than I had keeping gas in.

I use most all of my tractors all year long, so no worries about them, but my 2 stroke stuff, I leave the gas in them. Come spring, I just dump it out and put fresh in. No more than they hold, I don't mind losing whatever fuel is in them. It just seemed like I had more trouble getting gas to flow to the carbs when they were all dry. Like primer bulbs getting hard, fuel lines getting hard, that sort of thing.

Edit: I'm planning to mow one more time.... then it's time to get the snow equipment out.
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

I’m hoping to get one more cut in before it gets too cold. It’s just been too wet. Once I get it cut, I’ll trade the deck for a front blade. I’ll mount a blower up on one of the other tractors and try to get the Curtis Cab mounted. I picked it up from Lew early this year.
            Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

Comment

Got our last cut done Tuesday. I cleaned the 1330 and Nancy's Bota yesterday (Thursday) and brushed waste oil under the decks.
              I've always mixed up a can of gas and Staybil, and add that to an empty tank, run the machine for five minutes, and put them in the barn. Remove the batteries, and wish each one a "happy hibernation", see you in the spring.
              They can't all be turn key.
              Make the best of each and every day.
              Todd
              Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Mac View Post
                Mowed for the last time this year. Drained the gas out of all of my gas powered stuff and ran them dry. Pulled the deck off the 2264 and cleaned the buildup out from under it. Gonna wash it and oil it to keep it from rusting. Changed the oil on the 2284. Went to buy a NAPA 1056 oil filter for the CH22 $16.99 are you serious? Same price at O'Rielly for a Wix. Bought a Kohler filter at the Scag dealer for $9.50. Now I need to put the chains and plow on the BX.
                You have way too much time on your hands! My wife needs to give yours a call 😎
                Randy
                Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

My last mow was about 2 weeks ago. Guys at work thought I was nuts, they had stopped weeks ago. No more leaves on the trees here, Just a few holdinf into the oaks yet. Been frost up here pretty consistently. Plan is to get the deck off the 108 and replace spindle bearings and put in the missing deck baffles.
                  Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

I'm gonna mow one more time if it gets dry enough. May have to wait for a freeze! I'll put the 1864 away but keep the 2182 on standby for snow duty.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
                      Sam, do you have any issues with the carbs drying out and then leaking when you get them filled up again in the spring? I've done that a few times, and then had more issues in the spring than I had keeping gas in.

I use most all of my tractors all year long, so no worries about them, but my 2 stroke stuff, I leave the gas in them. Come spring, I just dump it out and put fresh in. No more than they hold, I don't mind losing whatever fuel is in them. It just seemed like I had more trouble getting gas to flow to the carbs when they were all dry. Like primer bulbs getting hard, fuel lines getting hard, that sort of thing.

Edit: I'm planning to mow one more time.... then it's time to get the snow equipment out.
                      Jon so far no problems. I figure the gas evaporates anyway if you let them sit.

Comment

Working...
                      X