Wake up! Give me some suggestions.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wake up! Give me some suggestions.....

Oh, it's that time of year. We all are entering into winter, some have already settled into it. The air is cold, and so are the shops and garages. Snowing is some places, and others are just getting ready to deal with the crap. None of us are used to the cold yet, and dread going out. This is the time of year when things slow down. In life, in the shop and on the forums. I want to find something to perk up some discussion.

I used to write tech articles, but I did it on another forum, and I could see what people were struggling with. On here, it seems like everything is going good. No repeat questions, but good question none the less. Is there a topic anyone would like to know more about? Even something simple? Perhaps a discussion type? I'm just looking for suggestions. I can write about anything mechanical. I doesn't have to be Cub related.... I can work it back around, lol. Post up suggestions, or PM me!!!
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

I don't think we have any articles/troubleshooting on voltage regulators. You should write up something.
    Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

Comment

• bamafan
      bamafan commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree on trouble shooting vr's I know I have watched you tubes and read articles but for some reason I find them so confusing. I'm sure its me but a simple explanation would be a great asset.

Maybe you could write an article explaining to Lance how much better the wf is than the nf.
    Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Indiana, PA
    Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

Maybe some stuff on, electrical, carburetor, ignition. Even if it starts simple, for some guys that don’t use it or see it every day it could be a good help.
      Rich

Comment

Originally posted by olds45512 View Post
        Maybe you could write an article explaining to Lance how much better the wf is than the nf.
        Mine will do everything I need them to do
        Lance

Comment

Personally I see lots of people struggling with basic electrical theory, Ohm's Law, series and parallel circuits, etc.. That and the proper use of a good multi-meter, doing voltage drop tests, resistance, etc., and the biggie, continuity without the capacity to carry amperage such as a corroded connection will light a test light, but as soon as amperage is demanded - blink NOTHING. Importance of clean, bright, and tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Doc View Post
            Personally I see lots of people struggling with basic electrical theory, Ohm's Law, series and parallel circuits, etc.. That and the proper use of a good multi-meter, doing voltage drop tests, resistance, etc., and the biggie, continuity without the capacity to carry amperage such as a corroded connection will light a test light, but as soon as amperage is demanded - blink NOTHING. Importance of clean, bright, and tight.
            This is a good topic.

Comment

How about a tech article on basic hydrostat operation. I know I would like a schematic on fluid flow through the system. Also basic hydraulic circuitry as it would apply to adding auxiliary circuits to a Cub. I know I have had questions and hydraulics definitely have to be installed correctly.

Comment

There you go Jon, looks like you have some puter time ahead of you.
              Larry
              New Market, Alabama

Comment

Great!
                It's hard for me to come up with ideas. Those are all good, and I will work on them.

Tim, is this what you want for a schematic? I hadn't gotten this uploaded to the tech section yet, it will go there shortly....

Hydrostat fluid flow.gif
                ~Jonathan
                Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Agreed. I live for this stuff Stan. (literally like you did i do it for a living so I kind of have to.) Always like to hear and see peoples different experiences with the real head scratcher stories of you won’t believe what fixed it and the troubleshooting that lead to it.

I also enjoy seeing and hearing about the machinist guy’s stories and their lingo and how they do what they do. Also obviously the paint and body guys and their craft.

My son gets bored with me watching how to videos with him but he realizes that doing it yourself and doing it correctly is a necessity and saves you money if you can do it.

Anyway, I personally want to hear about gardening, tilling, and plowing, seeding, farming and harvesting methods. I for some reason can not seem to make my thumb turn green and would really like to. I have an 8 inch plow and a 48 inch tiller so I’m getting ready to take the plunge into making a garden in the next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie Cunningham View Post
                  Anyway, I personally want to hear about gardening, tilling, and plowing, seeding, farming and harvesting methods. I for some reason can not seem to make my thumb turn green and would really like to. I have an 8 inch plow and a 48 inch tiller so I’m getting ready to take the plunge into making a garden in the next season.
                  That's a good topic too!
                  ~Jonathan
                  Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Nailed it...
                    Personally, this is my worst "subject", and can always use more information/schooling.
                    Then when you get this accomplished. MAYBE you can write up something about... Ah, we'll leave that for another day.
                    They can't all be turn key.
                    Make the best of each and every day.
                    Todd
                    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

How about checking out carb set ups and checking out engine rpm too

Comment

Originally posted by James in vt View Post
                        How about checking out carb set ups and checking out engine rpm too
                        I plan to do a write-up for rebuilding the carbs on the K-series. I have one I need to go through, so I'll be documenting it as I go.
                        Lance

Comment

• Greenstripewideframe
                          Greenstripewideframe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lance,
                          When you do the carb rebuild, could show use how to install the throttle shaft bushing? ( if yours needs one that is).

• sir_lancealot
                          sir_lancealot commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I sure can!
                      Working...
                      X