No announcement yet.

Wake up! Give me some suggestions.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

give it time, the problems will come... was gonna say build it they will come, but you already did that (built the site) and we're coming. I thought you left the problems behind?
    Don
    Kankakee IL

Comment

GOT ONE GOT ONE (possible problem, definite question)

I bought a "lot" (about 8-10) of new main jets for Kohler/Carter carbs from EPay. They look identical to the originals (haven't measured ID or anything as of yet, just an eyeball assessment so far) because I had a few in a row carb jobs, where they fought me coming out, and at best, there is no more screwdriver slot left to be able to reinstall them.
      At worst, well, lets not go there. These are for #26 carbs.
      They are "blanks", as in no cross drilled holes. how critical is diameter of the cross drilled holes, (within reason) and hole placement?

I remember being able to go down the street and get OE Kohler ones reasonably and readily. (this, in my high school days of the mid 1980s) No more it seems. so I ran across these and snagged them up. Right now I could use about 3 of them done up. I have those carbs still in pieces, all clean, each in their own separated boxes til I can get around to them.
      I do still have the best (least torn up) jet that needs replaced, that can be used as a rough guide.

The reason I ask;
      I do remember (can we say Tecumseh here?) that with the carbs off the cast iron Tecumseh,s they had a "service jet" and said not to remove an OE one unless you had a service jet to go back in, which had a groove cut into the threaded "head" of the jet so that it could get air no matter how deep they happened to be threaded into the body. Originally they were drilled after install in the carb body, and no guarantee that after removing an original jet, that it would get screwed back in exactly the same amount as the spot it was screwed into originally, meaning the cross holes would not line up, and the engine would not run right at that point. from my days of playing with Sears/ Roper tractors...…… comparing what I remember from those days with what I am playing with ("mostly" anyways,) now, and honestly not 100% sure that what I remember from then and on those engines, applies here. I don't think it does.

If this isn't feasible in the field at least I don't have much money tied up in them...…
      Don
      Kankakee IL

Comment

Don, I copied your post and moved it to it's own thread. Not that we can't talk about it here, but it's kind of a different topic.

I moved it here:
        https://www.everythingcubcadet.com/f...n-jet-question
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

ok....
          Don
          Kankakee IL

Comment

Originally posted by dodge trucker View Post
            ok....
            Lol, no it's fine, I just wanted to move it and answer it! It's a good question, and the Kohler engine section needs some content.

Give me a few, I'm typing up a response, lol.
            ~Jonathan
            Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post

Lol, no it's fine, I just wanted to move it and answer it! It's a good question, and the Kohler engine section needs some content.

Give me a few, I'm typing up a response, lol.
              you said that, like you thought I took your reply as having a problem with what you did..... I don't... just sayin' I saw what you said, and what you did with it, that's all.... go chug more beer.... it's now Friday nite after all...
              Don
              Kankakee IL

Comment

how bout a paint and body section??? I also like the idea of "Cubs in action" plowing, tilling, spraying, planting, pushing and/or blowing snow, pretty much "everything else" besides mowing or towing...

basically a "to do this, you need that".... from counterweights, different tires/wheels for different operations, sleeve vs 3 point, (and +'s and -'s of both) that kind of thing.... kinda beat the "glorified riding lawn mower" concept into the ground.
                Don
                Kankakee IL

Comment

• J-Mech
                  J-Mech commented
                  Editing a comment
                  olds45512 Looks like you need to work on this one!

Heres a suggestion:
                I could use a write up on the relay mod for my 1864. IIRC there was one "over there" but the pic links were dead. I'm a visual learner. Electrical items are not my top skill set. Maybe somebody that has done it recently cough*Rescue*cough could shed some light in this area for me and others?
                Jeff
                62 O, 1535, 1641, 1862, 1864, #4 cart

Comment

• J-Mech
                  J-Mech commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If someone could get this, that would be great! If not, I will work on a quick diagram.

Jeff, do you need actual pictures, or will a drawn diagram suffice?

• Rumblefish
                  Rumblefish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am diagram friendly. Unless its in chinese, I can read it and usually understand it lol

Originally posted by Diesel Doc View Post
                Personally I see lots of people struggling with basic electrical theory, Ohm's Law, series and parallel circuits, etc.. That and the proper use of a good multi-meter, doing voltage drop tests, resistance, etc., and the biggie, continuity without the capacity to carry amperage such as a corroded connection will light a test light, but as soon as amperage is demanded - blink NOTHING. Importance of clean, bright, and tight.
                Yea Im.with Doc!

Comment

• J-Mech
                  J-Mech commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Doc and I are working on a writing a thread right now. Within a week, it should begin. Doc had some great ideas! It's coming!!

• Arnie Cunningham
                  Arnie Cunningham commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Alright now Jon I know you’re not a volt drop kind of guy so hopefully Stan convinces you to post that method. Two things I know you don’t like. Ok 3.

1. Volt drop method
                  2. Cylinder leak down test
                  3. GM 6.5 diesels

Originally posted by Rumblefish View Post
                Heres a suggestion:
                I could use a write up on the relay mod for my 1864. IIRC there was one "over there" but the pic links were dead. I'm a visual learner. Electrical items are not my top skill set. Maybe somebody that has done it recently cough*Rescue*cough could shed some light in this area for me and others?
                Jeff, I got the diagram done. If you missed it, it is here.
                ~Jonathan
                Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Excellent, thanks a bunch! Between that and the pics Terry provided I should be able to get my self into some trouble!
                  Jeff
                  62 O, 1535, 1641, 1862, 1864, #4 cart

Comment

Working...
                  X