corvette & boat pics / post up your own "fun buggies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

corvette & boat pics / post up your own "fun buggies"

I was asked to put up some pictures of the Corvette and my boats so here we go.

It's a 1977 Corvette with a NOM 350 and 4 speed.
    Attached Files

Here's my 18' Celebrity 181 with a 4.3 L V6 Mercruiser and an Alpha 1 out drive
    Attached Files

Comment

NICE!!

The 4.3L Mercruiser is just a GM 4.3L correct?
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

We also have a 24' pontoon boat set up for fishing. It has full canvas, a Mercury 115 hp outboard, a 9.9 hp Mercury four stroke kicker plus I added a 55 lb thrust electric trolling motor up front.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
          NICE!!

The 4.3L Mercruiser is just a GM 4.3L correct?
          Yes it is. 75% of a 350 ci

Comment

I have a few motorcycles too. In addition to the couple of Kawasaki Triples I've kept, my current "new" motorcycle is a 1993 Kawasaki ZR1100.

It's a "one year only" cycle in the USA. It was originally called the "Zephyr" but Ford Motor Company got their lacy panties in a wad and took Kawasaki to court over the name. The cycles in country could stay but were rebadged "ZR1100"

I added the fairing to extend riding time.

Attached Files

Comment

• J-Mech
              J-Mech commented
              Editing a comment
              Now THIS is more my speed!! Those were pretty snappy bikes!

Good looking Vette Jeff. I never road in one. Always wanted to, but never had the chance. As for the boat, all I know is they work best on water.
            Here's our "fun buggy". Matching numbers 68 SS. 396 with TH400. 9-22-18 (2).JPG9-22-18 (6).JPG1 (84).jpg1 (45).jpg
            They can't all be turn key.
            Make the best of each and every day.
            Todd
            Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Here's my Larson V165 KIMG0444.jpeglarson boat.jpg Senza with a 115 Merc, power trim and a 22" pitch chopper stainless prop. With me alone and less than 1/4 tank of gas I can get 61 mph on gps. I have a 135 hp in the wings to install along with a power lift transom. My goal is 70 mph.

Comment

I guess I need to plan a trip to Jeff's next summer, I've always wanted to try fishing from a pontoon boat.
                Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
                Indiana, PA
                Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Doc View Post
                  Here's my Larson V165 KIMG0444.jpeglarson boat.jpg Senza with a 115 Merc, power trim and a 22" pitch chopper stainless prop. With me alone and less than 1/4 tank of gas I can get 61 mph on gps. I have a 135 hp in the wings to install along with a power lift transom. My goal is 70 mph.
                  The 18' Celebrity with the 4.3L I've had going 54 mph ( GPS ) on perfectly smooth water. That moving right along.

Comment

Originally posted by olds45512 View Post
                    I guess I need to plan a trip to Jeff's next summer, I've always wanted to try fishing from a pontoon boat.
                    We don't use it around here. We went fishing in Canada with it.

Comment

I got this brand new in 2014. Traded a 3 year old sportster on it. Really lost interest in riding though. Plus I don’t have a lot of extra time to just go “ride”. Had a close call a few years ago and I just parked it, although I’ve had it out a few times since. Trying to get rid of it but it’s a tough sale.

A friend of mine bought my paps Honda Elite scooter a few years back and I was able to buy that from him. So it’s back in the family at least. Needs tires and some carb work. I’d like to get that done, I won’t feel so bad about riding it 2 miles to work and 2 miles home. The Harley doesn’t like those short trips...there again, the scoot may not, either.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Rich

Comment

OK, I'll play. Not much in the way of cars, but I do have a boat. Which is why I don't have much in the way of cars...Tiara 3700 Open, twin Cummins 6CTA8.3 power/450hp ea. In the water, on the lift and me at the helm.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• J-Mech
                          J-Mech commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Twin 8.3's?!?!? YOWSER!!! That's a power plant!

Now, I'm not near enough to get the privilege to work on marine diesels, except when by some chance they make it here and get put on a mudd pump or something. (Yeah, it happens.)
                          What I want to know is, do they run opposite each other? One running CW and the other CCW?

Great toys guys! All I have is a bunch of Cubs, a truck and an old Goldwing, lol!

Well..... my "toolbox" is pretty full. That's why I spent all my money on, lol.
                        ~Jonathan
                        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
                          Great toys guys! All I have is a bunch of Cubs, a truck and an old Goldwing, lol!

Well..... my "toolbox" is pretty full. That's why I spent all my money on, lol.
                          Nothing wrong with that though. Eventually the best toys break...
                          Rich

Comment

Working...
                          X