Hurt my back.... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurt my back.... again.

Wednesday I carried a few thing I probably shouldn't have and now I'm paying for it. Thursday my back was a little sore but nothing I couldn't handle until about 2pm and then it got really bad so I took the rest of the day off. Friday it took me two hrs to get out of bed and I could hardly stand, my wife had to help me down the stairs and into a nice, hot shower which helped a bit, then it was off to the chiropractor. I spent the rest of the day in my chair playing video games and doing what I could to help setup the Christmas tree. I'm still in alot of pain today but much better than I was yesterday, I was able to get out of bed and dress myself without to much issue. Right now I'm at work doing my best to get a car taped and painted that I should have painted yesterday.
    Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Indiana, PA
    Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Tim, aren't you old enough now to stop playing Superman? Lol. I stopped that crap a long while ago. Get help on heavy things. My next youngest brother still hasn't learned. I asked him over to help move something heavy that I didn't want to move myself. He walked over grabbed it and picked it up and loaded it into the truck. Then turns to me, puffs his chest and says, "You couldn't do that?" "Sure I could have, but I'm not that stupid." Oh well, my back wasn't sore the next day, and I could care if his was.

Is the chiropractor helping?
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Actual photo of Tim at work 😜
      Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

Comment

Back pain is some of the worst. Seems ti nag on and on. I take ibuprofen and lay flat on the floor with knees elevated. 10+ years ago we got a hot tub with aerated jets. Best for the old sore spots. Getting in the tub with a cold adult beverage is a reward for a day of body abuse

Comment

I hope you get feeling better Tim. Back pain sucks!

Comment

Tim,
            BTDT on the back thing. You need to really watch what your doing now for a while to see if this improves. As mentioned I hope the chiropractor sessions helped? It made mine worse.
            Regards,
            Chris

Comment

I know where you are coming from Tim, Just don't get to the point that you need surgery. I struggled with my back for years doing stupid stuff that I was to bull headed to ask for help. Well it caught with me in May this year. I had to have surgery on the 3 lower lumbar disk, here it is Dec and I am just now able to get around with out a walker or cane. Being 70 years old doesn't help either, But I'm getting better. Guess my point is take care while your younger, because it is a lot harder to get over when you get older.
              Larry
              New Market, Alabama

Comment

Tim, take Larry's advise, and I'll add some of my own. When you get to be retirement age everything will hurt from the years of abuse if you are not careful now. I'm retired, but can't do half of the stuff I used to, because I did all the "I'm tough stuff" . Be careful and hope you feel better.

Comment

What are you going to do when you get old? You’re like an old guy now!
                  Just giving you a hard time. Hope you get better soon

Comment

Well Tim, had some of my own "issues" over the years, as you know. First thing I would do, is go to a doctor, not a chiropractor. Years ago I was having such neck pains, couldn't hold my head up, felt like a bowling ball on my shoulders. Pain was virtually unbearable.
                    So a friend of mine suggested going to a chiropractor, and I did. He never took x rays, just started twisting, and wrenching on my neck. By the time I got home, it was worse than before I went in.
                    Well, I stuck it out a few more days, and ended up going into the hospital, and seeing a doctor who deals with spines. He said I was lucky, being my neck was broke before, and the chiropractor not doing any x rays, he could have fucked me up so bad, that I potentially could have lost all use of my arms. Paralyzed from the neck down...
                    When it comes to spines, back and neck pains, it's nothing to mess around with. Twisting, and stretching could do more harm than good. As Chris (sugarmaker) said, it (chiropractor) made his worst. He ended up having to have surgery...
                    Hope you feel better, but "sometimes" a doctor is best.
                    They can't all be turn key.
                    Make the best of each and every day.
                    Todd
                    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Tim, I hope you get feeling better soon, because Todd is kicking your ass on post count!
                      ~Jonathan
                      Oblong, Illinois

Comment

• zippy1
                        zippy1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        What, you got money on Tim? -

• J-Mech
                        J-Mech commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Maybe...... hehehehehe

Or maybe I just wanted to see you guys gun it out for posts!

I'm feeling pretty good now, pain is minimal. I should be good as new by Monday.
                      Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
                      Indiana, PA
                      Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

That's good news!

Comment

How you feeling Tim? Back doing better?
                          ~Jonathan
                          Oblong, Illinois

Comment

I wouldn't waste my time and back on a quackopractor.. There not a medical doctor. I was 58-59 when I had neck and lower back surgery. Both were around a year apart. Get the surgery if you need it. I was back to work 6 weeks after I had lower back surgery. I was on light duty ( 10 pound limit) for 4 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                            X