New Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tool

Got me a new tool yesterday. Had to assemble it as soon as possible to make sure no pieces were missing. The boxes were trashed and pieces had fallen out when I moved them from where the delivery guy left them. Luckily no pieces were missing!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

Sweet Lance.
    I tried zooming, what brand is the press?
    They can't all be turn key.
    Make the best of each and every day.
    Todd
    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

• sir_lancealot
      sir_lancealot commented
      Editing a comment
      As I've read in the reviews, there are two different versions of this press floating around. When you get it, if it comes in 3 boxes....return it. That design is weak and tends to break/flex. The one you want comes in 2 boxes.

• zippy1
      zippy1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay...
      Be nice to know before I was to order it. Model number?
      And see how it does for you first...

• sir_lancealot
      sir_lancealot commented
      Editing a comment
      HF item number is 60604. Based on what I've read, the item number is the same for the old and new versions. Only way to tell the difference is if it comes in 2 or 3 boxes. I'll find something here soon to press together, or apart, and let you know how it works.

Looks good pants. Central machinery. Is that HF?

todd just click on the picture to see full image or did you?

Comment

• sir_lancealot
      sir_lancealot commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it is!

• zippy1
      zippy1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did, and still couldn't make it out.

Nice Lance! After you use it a few times, you'll wonder how you ever got along without one.

Comment

• sir_lancealot
      sir_lancealot commented
      Editing a comment
      I got it after it took me, a 3 lb sledge, and several blocks of wood to install one of Jeff’s PTO buttons.

Pants, I'm jealous! You wont know how you ever got along without it! Not to mention you will push it past its limits! Just remember, there is a lot of stored energy in whatever you are doing. Respect it!

Glad for you Pants!

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue11 View Post
      Pants, I'm jealous! You wont know how you ever got along without it! Not to mention you will push it past its limits! Just remember, there is a lot of stored energy in whatever you are doing. Respect it!

Glad for you Pants!
      Congrats on the press. As Rescue wrote, be careful. Make sure you only push straight down and watch how hard you push.

Comment

• sir_lancealot
        sir_lancealot commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Jeff! This should make installing PTO buttons easier 😉

• Jeff in Pa
        Jeff in Pa commented
        Editing a comment
        They aren't THAT much of a press fit

• J-Mech
        J-Mech commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL

I kept going back and forth about which one to get. This one (12 ton) or their 20 ton. I opted for this one because 1) it fits in my small Cub Shed, 2) the 20 ton cost $100 in truck fright shipping. I had a 20% coupon so I used it on this one. Hope to get lots of use out of it 😁
      Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

Comment

I wasn't joking about being careful with a hydraulic press. I posted this on a welding forum and yes, Bob is his real name. I will warn you now, it is a bit graphic but Bob did survive the impact.
        https://weldingweb.com/showthread.ph...press-accident)

Bob's mistake was not making sure the piece he put under the ram was square. Once the pressure built up, it went flying.

Comment

• sir_lancealot
          sir_lancealot commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Jeff. I know these machines take a great deal of respect (and attention) to operate. It's easy to forget the kind of stresses at work when all I'm doing is easily pumping a lever.

Originally posted by Jeff in Pa View Post
        I wasn't joking about being careful with a hydraulic press. I posted this on a welding forum and yes, Bob is his real name. I will warn you now, it is a bit graphic but Bob did survive the impact.
        https://weldingweb.com/showthread.ph...press-accident)

Bob's mistake was not making sure the piece he put under the ram was square. Once the pressure built up, it went flying.

Seen this all too many times.... but no one got hurt.
        I came close a couple times. Sometimes it happens even when you do everything right.
        I was taking the pressure off a heavy spring from a Dodge tranny once. Compressed the spring, took off the snap ring, and let the pressure off the spring. Took it out of the press and started walking over to the work bench with it. Suddenly, I realized that the spring wasn't loose on the shaft like it should be. About the time I set it down, my brain was screaming that the snap ring cup was caught on the snap ring groove.... but I didn't get out of the way fast enough. Spring let loose and shot the parts out, and the spring. Hit my hand with great force and if I remember, pinched my finger. This spring is like a 1000# (pressure) spring. Lucky it wasn't fully compressed. I'll never make that mistake again!
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Nice press Lance. You will enjoy it greatly! I use mine almost every day.. recently upgraded from a 20 ton to a 50 ton air over hydraulic with a winch on the table.. I LOVE it even more now! I do alot of manual transmission work.. There are several hubs that have to be pressed off of a mainshaft that my 20 ton struggled with.. It creaked and groaned but would eventually do it.. The 50 ton doesn't even grunt! Like others said though.. be careful.. they can be deadly! press.jpg

Comment

• sir_lancealot
            sir_lancealot commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a big press! Maybe one day I'll have the need for a bigger one.

• jaynjeep
            jaynjeep commented
            Editing a comment
            Lance I used one many years just like you have.. it worked great and served my needs well... If I didn't use it every day I wouldn't have one like this.. the main reason I chose this one was the ram moves left and right on rollers and the table is easily adjusted with the winch... never failed with the other one that one job would need the table all the way down and the next job would need it all the way up!

I'm was planning to get the same one in the spring. We have a big press at work but I think it would be nice to have one at the house for working on Cub's. Congrats!
          Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
          Indiana, PA
          Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

• sir_lancealot
            sir_lancealot commented
            Editing a comment
            When you get it, make sure you get the one that comes in 2 boxes. If it comes in 3 boxes, don't get it. The 3-box unit is of a weaker design and it flexes/breaks all the time. They redesigned it and the updated one comes in the 2-box packaging.
        Working...
        X