This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycle Talk

Went on probably the last motorcycle trip of the year yesterday. Getting colder here, and long rides are going to likely be put on hold until spring. I ride year round when able, but my wife hangs up the helmet and jacket for the winter. We waited just a bit too long, but made a 100 mile trek on Saturday. There is a bluff in Merom, Indiana that overlooks the Wabash River Valley. We stopped at it, then rode around some roads we like. It was a good last ride!

20181103_154117.jpg
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Good for you buddy. I gave up my bike when I got my artificial knee almost 10 years ago. Enjoy every minute you can, life is short.

Comment

Thanks Stan!

Here's some more pictures. I didn't have them when I made the first post.

20181103_153905.jpg20181103_154506.jpg image_79.jpg
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Good for you and the Mrs. Take it while you can.
        I've heard a few going past the house the last few days. WAY to cold, but it'll soon be WAY to slippery.
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Took my scooter out today for the last ride of the year. Blue Ridge Parkway was nice today. Filled the gas tank with fresh no ethanol gas and some Sta-Bil and put it away in the basement. Weather looks like it will get shitty after today.

Comment

We need some pics of the "scooters"!
            Queen Of The QuietLines

Comment

You know Beth.... after we got home, I looked at the pics my wife took. I had parked the bike near a bunch of beautiful yellow maple trees. It was right under a catalpa.... which isn't exactly a pretty tree in the fall... but it was still mostly green. We could have had a nice pic of the bike with the valley in the background. But did we think of it? NO.

I've got a couple on my phone, which is basically stone dead right now. I'll post them up later. Besides, it was a dirty pig on Saturday as it had been sitting for weeks in the garage and was covered in dust, and sap from the last time I rode it to work and it got dripped on from a tree.
              ~Jonathan
              Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Here's a few pics of our Goldwing.

20180523_155922.jpg20180630_114705.jpg20180713_184638.jpg
                ~Jonathan
                Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Jon... last I saw you were working on a little trailer to pull behind the Wing... hows that coming?

Lance S.
                  Alberta Canada

Comment

Well, it's still sitting in the corner of the storage garage, lol. Hoping to go through it this winter. After Christmas maybe I'll bring it out and get started. Really want to pull it this next year. The Wing needs work too. Triple tree bearings, front tire, upgrade the lights, and fix a vacuum leak. Probably tune it up and maybe rebuild the carbs. Oh, and a new windshield. I also wanted to get used to that 1500 before pulling a trailer with it. We didn't get to ride like we wanted this last summer. Maybe 2000 miles. Normally I log more than that. Thanks for asking Lance! I'll post pics on the trailer work when I get to it!
                    ~Jonathan
                    Oblong, Illinois

Comment

I had the Shadow out once in Nov and with the weather were getting this week I may yet get a Dec ride in also, but soon I should pull the forks and put in the new seals that I have sitting on the shelf along with a new clutch cable, both of which I picked up when the speedo cable broke last spring. Otherwise I just need to do the basic maintainence and clean the bugs off.

now Im gonna test if I can figure out the pic uploads.... and if it dont work I blame Oldtimers
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                      Lance S.
                      Alberta Canada

Comment

facebook951547401097070001.jpg
                        ~Jonathan
                        Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Some of you guys have shared pics of your bike, here are few of mine. I call her Miss Sadie, and have rode her to Sturgis 2 times, East Coast 3 times, and a few trips to Daytona and Gulf Shores. The first trip out west was over 5000 miles and gone 2 weeks, the 2nd time was just short of 6000 miles. When we planned our trip, we planned it to have minimal interstate travel and run state and federal roads. It is simply amazing the sights and how friendly the people are in the small towns. There is no better feeling than riding an American made bike across this Beautiful Country. Anyway here she is and she has served me and the wife well. I only wish I was physically able to do it again.
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 6 photos.
                          Larry
                          New Market, Alabama

Comment

Larry, that is a beautiful bike, thanks for sharing! Do you still have it? Can you still ride maybe some, just not long hauls? You just had back surgery right?
                            ~Jonathan
                            Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Jon I still have her, but haven't ridden her In almost a year and a half. It is parked in the shop under a cover. I do start it up every once and a while and let it run. I will prolly sell it this spring, because I don't think I will ever be able to ride as I once did. Price of getting old.
                              Larry
                              New Market, Alabama

Comment

Working...
                              X