Your thoughts on the border wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your thoughts on the border wall

Okay, without this getting out of hand, lets try and keep it civilized.
    I keep hearing about the border wall, this, and border wall that. This group here makes up all kinds of people, from all walks of life. So just want to know what you all think.
    Should a wall be built to keep non Americans out? Or just let anyone in, anytime?
    My feelings are, we need a wall. If non Americans want to come in, they need to come in legally. My forefathers came in the legal way. They came through the Castle Garden depot near the tip of Manhattan from Germany, in the mid 1800's. And my great grandma came in from Sweden, in the late 1800's.
    Anyway, I don't think it's safe to let anyone in, without knowing something about them. What they plan to do, where they plan to go...
    I lock my doors at night, most do. I don't let people in I don't know. So isn't it the same for our country?
    Okay, what's your thought?
    Again, PLEASE let's keep it on topic, and "civilized".
    They can't all be turn key.
    Make the best of each and every day.
    Todd
    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Of coarse we need a wall!

Lets say you own some property. You hunt on it. You let some other people hunt on it that got your permission. (Which makes it legal.) But then, suddenly you have a bunch of people sneaking in the back of the property and also hunting..... without your permission. What happens? Soon, the deer (or whatever you are trying to hunt) start to thin out. Less and less of them. Why? Because too many people are "stealing" your deer. Now you and your neighbors can't find any deer to hunt and kill. What do you do? Well, you would put a fence up around your property that's what!! You want to keep people out that don't belong! You protect what is yours. IT'S YOURS TO PROTECT! And if you still find someone on your property that doesn't belong, you run them off. Or call the law and have them arrested. Why? Because they are there ILLEGALLY!!! You can't just go where you don't belong. There are proper ways to go where you want to go. You can't enter a store when it's locked up and closed. You have to wait until it is open, and you are free to enter. Otherwise, you are breaking the law. Law is law. You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree with it.... but you do have to follow it. It's not up for debate. You can't choose to follow some laws and not others. The law is, you can't just come into this country as you please, just like you don't just let anyone onto your property as they would choose.

I would like to think that most people pretty much understand this. I hope so anyway. I'll save the "open border" debate for another time.

And for the record this is a fine topic, but I will reiterate Todd. Keep it civil.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Build the wall, come in through the gate, apply and become an American citizen, work for a living, pay taxes, stay off welfare. You don't like the rules, LEAVE! We definitely need a wall.

Find & Share Quotes with Friends
      https://s.gr-assets.com/assets/facebook/fb-icon-8d74377d3ff4a368f05860c35d8025b2.png Sign in with Facebook
      Sign in
      options
      Theodore Roosevelt > Quotes > Quotable Quote

https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1198519048p4/44567.jpg“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Comment

Build the wall shoot all that show an act of aggression towards my fellow brothers that protect this homeland each and every day
        Randy
        Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

BUILD THE DAMN WALL!!
          Larry
          New Market, Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Doc View Post
            Build the wall, come in through the gate, apply and become an American citizen, work for a living, pay taxes, stay off welfare. You don't like the rules, LEAVE! We definitely need a wall.

Find & Share Quotes with Friends
            https://s.gr-assets.com/assets/facebook/fb-icon-8d74377d3ff4a368f05860c35d8025b2.png Sign in with Facebook
            Sign in
            options
            Theodore Roosevelt > Quotes > Quotable Quote

https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1198519048p4/44567.jpg“In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”
            then why do I have to press the button "press here for English" on the ATM? That should be a given. If they want to be here, they should have to adapt to US, or tough $#!t..... I have never been there but do Spanish or French speaking countries have a "press here for English" button? Somehow I doubt it.
            Don
            Kankakee IL

Comment

[QUOTE=Diesel Doc;n3747]Build the wall, come in through the gate, apply and become an American citizen, work for a living, pay taxes, stay off welfare. You don't like the rules, LEAVE! We definitely need a wall.
              /QUOTE]
              Very well said Stan! I agree on all points! Build the wall!

Comment

Here's the email I sent to Sen Schumer

Senator Schumer
                I highly suggest you fully embrace and fully support a secure border wall as you wanted earlier in your career. While I welcome immigrants who legally enter our country, those who illegally enter bypass the safeguards and can be both a danger and a drain on resources.

You are not only a voice for New York but also a voice of the United States of America. Please do what is best for the long term future of our great country. Giving criminals benefits not only rewards those who broke the law to get here but seriously offends those taxpayers who are the source of ALL those funds.

Please reconsider your stance and do what is best for our country to keep it safe.
                Respectfully, Jeff

Comment

• Jeff in Pa
                  Jeff in Pa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I HIGHLY suggest you email your Senators and let them know to build the wall. The future of our country depends on it.

No option. We need border security for all the reasons already stated. A wall, fence, barricade or whatever it is called is a physical deterrent for illegal border crossing. Our security forces deserve all the advantages we can provide to do their difficult job in as best safely as possible. I went through immigration check in Ft Lauderdale, Florida yesterday after returning from a cruise. I thanked the passport checking officer, wished him a Merry Christmas and hoped he was eventually paid after the partial government due to funding bill fight. His response, he will be paid eventually, and "we need the wall"

Comment

Build a wall!!! Build it tall!!!

Comment

As long as we keep giving the illegals free entitlements, they are going to keep coming. End the welfare state and they will knock the wall down trying to get out of here.

Build the wall anyway. That will help some hard working Americans provide for their families.
                    Randy
                    Hamburg, Pa.

Comment

Build the wall.

Comment

One major plus which seemed to be glossed over with building the wall would be reduced amount of illegal drugs that will come across the border.

Comment

Agree with everything said.
                          I remember my great grandma telling me she had to answer a bunch of questions. Some were, "Where are you to reside?" State. "What was your desire of employment?" Also she said she had to pledge allegiance to the United States of America.
                          She worked as a housekeeper, saving money to go back to Sweden, to get her brother and sister. Didn't crawl over no border, did it the legal, and hard way.
                          Good for you Jeff. Sending that email. But unfortunately, it'll prolly end up never seeing his desk.
                          They can't all be turn key.
                          Make the best of each and every day.
                          Todd
                          Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Originally posted by zippy1 View Post
                            Agree with everything said.
                            I remember my great grandma telling me she had to answer a bunch of questions. Some were, "Where are you to reside?" State. "What was your desire of employment?" Also she said she had to pledge allegiance to the United States of America.
                            She worked as a housekeeper, saving money to go back to Sweden, to get her brother and sister. Didn't crawl over no border, did it the legal, and hard way.
                            Good for you Jeff. Sending that email. But unfortunately, it'll prolly end up never seeing his desk.
                            You're right Todd, many letters probably aren't read individually. The impression I've gotten from my past involvement with an industry advocacy group (read lobbyists) is that volume of letters in support or opposition do matter. That's what makes me feel like the time spent sending my reps emails is well spent.
                            Brice

Comment

Working...
                            X