This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official, ongoing weather thread!

We're supposed to get anywhere from 4"-8" of the white shit. Just what I need.... more work to do. Anyone else getting snow?
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Maybe 1-4 tonight here, sounds like we'll be on the edge of the storm if we do get it
    Brian - Spring Grove, IL
    IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
    CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
    Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
    Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

Just a couple inches Saturday night but the way the weather folks have "screwed the pooch" with their forecast, who knows what we'll get.

Comment

Weather guesser says an inch for is.
        Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

We're good up here so far none forecast. you can keep it all in Oblong, Jon!

Comment

None tonight. Supposed to start tomorrow afternoon and go until Sunday afternoon. 4-7 when done. Maybe the 2362 will get to do some light work...

Comment

Chance of some tonight in Central PA...guess I should put the blower on...
              Rich

Comment

1 to 3 forecasted here but you know how that goes
                Randy
                Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

We got about 4-5 last night. Getting ready to go clear the drive then probly over to the in laws to help them. Then probly do some sledding with the boys.
                  ~Phil

You are only as old as you make yourself.

1710, snow blower QA-42A

Comment

Well, so far we've probably got about 3". At least out here in the middle of nowhere, lol. My friend who owns a bunch of apartments called and said not to worry about clearing them off, so I guess I'm off the hook for today. More coming tonight though..... Might end up being a sloppy mess. I think there is some rain forecasted on top of the snow, then more snow. Maybe some ice. Oh well. I've still got a few things to do to the tractors to make them "ready". Have to put chains on and swap a set of tires. I got a flat on one of my fluid filled tires and it needs a new tube. So, I'm just going to swap it out with some air filled lugs until I can get a tube. May clear my grandparents drive, if they think it needs done. We haven't had snow in a couple years, but 3" is no big deal, lol. We've lived through a lot worse. Don't know why we don't seem to get snow like we did years ago. Comes in spurts now. Used to we ALWAYS got snow. It was a rare mild winter if we didn't. Funny how weather patterns change.
                    ~Jonathan
                    Oblong, Illinois

Comment

The first flurries just started. Time to go get some food and beer.

Comment

We got about 3" here. It was pretty heavy and sticky, though. I got to try out my new blade setup on the 1641 yesterday and it pushed like a champ. I was pretty happy!
                        Brice

Comment

• J-Mech
                          J-Mech commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lets see some pictures!!!

Well, we got 3"-4" here. Then it started raining in the afternoon. Now most of it is gone. It was snowing again a little big ago though.

I did however, get two tractors ready (finally) to push snow.... kind of. The Deere needs a set of chains (that's why I put up a wanted ad). And I have the blade out for the 1050, but didn't mount it up. I have two ready, and it will just be the backup, so I'm not too concerned. I like to push snow with hydro tractors. But I like backup, or if I have more help (operators, like my wife or one of the kids), I have more than one ready to run.

Here's the two:
                        Sorry for the poor pic of the Deere. Not enough room to get a good pic without opening the door, lol.

20190112_143813.jpg20190112_154052.jpg20190112_154108.jpg
                        ~Jonathan
                        Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Chains will be there thursday

We got a dusting. That's fine by me

Comment

Here’s how we look after this weekend’s events.
                            Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

Comment

Working...
                            X