HyTran fluid cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HyTran fluid cost?

Guys, what's a gallon of Hytran fluid run? My Cub dealer wants $9/qt, which I think is high, and my Case IH dealer is a good 45 minutes away, and we're in the middle of a snowstorm. Is it worth it to run to Case IH to buy it? I'd only be able to get there on a Saturday.
    Brian - Spring Grove, IL
    IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
    CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
    Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
    Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

It's expensive..... but I usually buy oil by the bucket, so no idea what a quart is. A bucket is like $80 if I remember correctly. (Probably more now.) That would be $4/qt.... but I bet they want more than that. Bulk is always cheaper, lol. Has to be less than $9 though.

I quit using hy-tran (in my Cubs) to be honest. But we use it on the farm.
    ​​​​​
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

• Rescue11
      Rescue11 commented
      Editing a comment
      About 110.00 for 5 gallon bucket of hytran Ultra

What are you running Jon? I was looking at Farm & Fleet C-IH hydraulic oil, $17 for 2 gallons. Meets the original hy-tran specs (which has gotta be 50s-60s era I'd guess) but I'd think that would be adequate, no?
    Brian - Spring Grove, IL
    IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
    CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
    Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
    Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

I'm sure it would be fine.
      I switched to tractor hydraulic/transmission oil in O'Reilly's brand. It was handy. When I had the shop, they delivered to me 3 times a day. I had tried Dexron III, but it seemed to cavitate a lot. Had good luck with the O'Reilly oil. Ran it 4 or 5 years now. And, I use it in the Deere too. Comes in a green bucket....
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

• Greenstripewideframe
        Greenstripewideframe commented
        Editing a comment
        I've used type f atf in a jd 316. That was one of the choices in the manual. Never had any issues.

The last bucket I bought was $100. I got it from my local Case Industrial dealership as that’s the one that’s closest to me.
      Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

Comment

The dealer I buy mine from has a 2 1/2 gal container for 55.00. Could be a little more now it was last spring when I bought it.
        Larry
        New Market, Alabama

Comment

I usually get mine from the CaseIH dealer.. 2.5 gal is around $59-$60 if I remember correctly.. But I'm like Jon.. most any good grade tractor hydraulic/transmission oil works just fine... The old Sundstrand pumps don't seem to be too picky.. We use the Orielly or Carquest universal tractor hydraulic fluid in all of our farm tractors and two forklifts.. I know for sure the smaller 4wd forklift has a Sundstrand hydraulic pump and transmission.. never an issue with it

Comment

I get mine in a 5 gallon pail from our lubricant supplier through work. Last one I bought was $45. Service pro makes it. Wich is Warren oil. Works for my budget.
            Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Working...
            X