Best lawn sweeper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best lawn sweeper?

I was sweeping leaves today and my lawn sweeper broke, I can't complain cause it's 5yrs old and has sat outside since the day I got it, I figure it's time for a new one vs fixing this one. So who makes a quality sweeper these day? Lowe's has a JD sweeper that looks very well made but I'd have to paint it if I bought it. Just looking for opinions on what brands I should be looking at.
    Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Indiana, PA
    Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

I have an Ohio steel sweeper that’s been good for about 8 years. Sits outside and has some rust through but hasn’t broke yet.

Comment

Well.... any piece of equipment that sits outside year round isn't going to last as long as one that is taken care of. And I don't mean that as an attack.... it's just the fact of the matter.
      That said, I have an Agri-Fab that I bought used like 6 years ago. Sits inside. Not sure it did before I got it, but it doesn't look any worse than the day I bought it. Used the tar out of it too. For as rough as this yard, and the one before it was, it's held up really well. I agree with Mike, Ohio Steel makes a good product. So does Brinly. All 3 are pretty comparable. Personally, I would not buy a new one. In my area, I can almost always find one for sale (at least during warm months) that is for sale, looks good or even brand new, and for less than half of new. Lance was/is looking for a sweeper too, and I found one on C-List in my area for like $60 or $100. It was an Agri-Fab, and it was the heavy duty one that is painted orange. They are like $450 new. (For the record, neither of us bought it.) I'd check C-List before I spend $300+ on a new one. Oh.... and of all the brands I listed, I'm an Agri-Fab guy. I think they make a good product. I've got about 3 or 4 of their implements.
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

It sat out due to lack of storage but I'm building a lean-to on the back of the shed to keep the new one in.
        Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
        Indiana, PA
        Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

Originally posted by olds45512 View Post
          It sat out due to lack of storage but I'm building a lean-to on the back of the shed to keep the new one in.
          Oh, I get it. My stuff had to sit outside for a short time. When I first got the 1811, I was living in the country and the only out building I had was a storage shed. The deck had to come off for the tractor to go in it.
          A few years ago, when I moved out of the shop, I had things that *had* to be inside. ALL my tractors and my 3 wheeler sat out from about July to December. It sucked. I've got everything in that needs in, but still have things sitting outside. Maybe someday I'll have a nice shed.... like Beth!
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

I've had a Agri-Fab for over 30 years, and it's been a good piece.
            Replaced the gear in the drive wheel, and one set of brushes.
            They can't all be turn key.
            Make the best of each and every day.
            Todd
            Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Working...
            X