Opinions on these tires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on these tires.

Thinking of these tires for the 782 for mowing duty. My yard is far from flat so the stock turfs spin alot, I was thinking of getting AG's but came across these. The price is pretty nice to.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F391828926173
    Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Indiana, PA
    Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

If those won't get er done, nothing else will.
    IfI remember correctly, someone "over there" had those tires, and thought they did very well...
    They can't all be turn key.
    Make the best of each and every day.
    Todd
    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Lance and I have talked about those, but neither of us has tried a set. If it isn't that tire, Deere uses something similar as a more aggressive alternative for a turf. (Seen a lot of Deere's with them on too.) Look to me like they'd be ok. I'll stick to Ag's personally.... but they look like they'd work. Probably make a decent snow tire too.
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

• sir_lancealot
        sir_lancealot commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe Deere uses the Carlisle All Trail tires.

• olds45512
        olds45512 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had thought about getting the Carlisle version but they always look ballooned out and I want the tire to have a flat footprint.

Agreed. Should have more bite than a standard turf tire as the lugs are more open. If you decide to try a set, keep us posted on performance.

Comment

Those will certainly out perform a standard turf tire but they still have alot of contact surface so they might have a tendancy to spin on wet grass... my fav atv tire to date is the Kenda Bear Claws... more rounded profile with big lugs but very soft rubber so they dont tear up any turf... and they are awesome in the winter.
        Lance S.
        Alberta Canada

Comment

I think the kids call those HDAP tires. If you spin with those, it's gonna leave a mark!

I spun a lot when I first got the 1864. I loaded them with WWF. I hardly ever spun afterwards. Not sure what shape your turfs are in, but you might try that first.

​​​​​​

Comment

HDAP are a hard rubber tire usually running 20+ psi so they dont ride very nice.... atv lugs usually only recommend around 8-10 psi so they have a nice soft ride and great traction without needing to fill them.
            Lance S.
            Alberta Canada

Comment

I have those on my list to get. They make them for the fronts too. I want them for my mowing tractor.
              Lance

Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Skene View Post
                HDAP are a hard rubber tire usually running 20+ psi so they dont ride very nice.... atv lugs usually only recommend around 8-10 psi so they have a nice soft ride and great traction without needing to fill them.
                You talk highly of ATV tires on a GT, and always have. I'd like to try them, but I just can't get past how they look. I wish they made radial GT tires.

I think a set of the HDAP''s on the front would do well pushing snow.... but Lance S might be right. They may be too hard to be effective.
                ~Jonathan
                Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

I'll convince you someday Jon..LOL

HDAP do work pretty well... better than the wide AG tires IMO but then AG tires dont work well on snow/ice even on 8000 Lb tractors so Ive never understood why anyone would think they might work on a garden tractor. Traction is all about the number of pounds per square inch of surface contact... a wide tire may look nicer but it defeats the purpose... and good used atv lugs can be found real cheap since alot of people like to upgrade the tires when they buy a new quad.

Im on a farm so I do all the same chores as most anyone else with a GT... I plough and cultivate a garden, clear snow, pull stumps, drag heavy loads... about the only think unique for me is that I buy/sell alot of used tractors, some 150+ to date and they have arrived here with every type of tire you can imagine so I have tried them all, with or without chains, with or without weights... IMO nothing works as well as the rounded profile heavy lugged atv tires and the fact that they can be found in near new condition for $40-$50 per tire is an added bonus.... Try them once and you will never put another style of tire on a garden tractor unless its for show.

Lance S.
                  Alberta Canada

Comment

I'd love to get my hands on a pair of these but my wife says I can't afford them!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-4-Tires...ry!30107!US!-1

Comment

• Yettrbomb
                      Yettrbomb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They look like they’d keep costing you money...

• olds45512
                      olds45512 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I gotta admit, I was still half asleep when I clicked on that link and I'm looking at the pic and ad going "they're not even the right size" but then it hit me... Those are definitely the right size.

Originally posted by Oak View Post
                    I'd love to get my hands on a pair of these but my wife says I can't afford them!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/All-4-Tires...ry!30107!US!-1
                    Ah, it would only cost you half of everything you have.
                    They can't all be turn key.
                    Make the best of each and every day.
                    Todd
                    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Working...
                    X