Seat prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seat prices

Just got in the two seats I ordered for the 1050 and 782 and I still can't get over how much they cost. Best price I could find for seat with the correct bolt pattern was $100 each shipped, I could have got the same style seat for less but didn't want to have to mess around mounting it.
    Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Indiana, PA
    Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Yes, that's about the going rate for a decent one that is correct for the tractor. I usually get mine from Hamilton Bob's Cubs or Seat Warehouse. Both are about $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Doc View Post
      Yes, that's about the going rate for a decent one that is correct for the tractor. I usually get mine from Hamilton Bob's Cubs or Seat Warehouse. Both are about $100.
      I got one from each place cause one place was cheaper by $10 but only had one in stock. I know it's the going rate but it seems a little steep for not being oem.
      Indiana, PA

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Doc View Post
        Is the mounting pattern correct on the Hamilton Bon seat? I bought one, and it seems to be set back farther than the Cub Cadet seat I bought a couple years prior. I thought it might be the seat springs but I tried 2 diff sets. That said it is a nice seat.
        Brian - Spring Grove, IL
        IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
        CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
        Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
        Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

Originally posted by SS5150 View Post

Is the mounting pattern correct on the Hamilton Bon seat? I bought one, and it seems to be set back farther than the Cub Cadet seat I bought a couple years prior. I thought it might be the seat springs but I tried 2 diff sets. That said it is a nice seat.
          Here's a pic, Hamilton Bob's on the right and seat warehouse on the left. The 8x11 pattern on the left seat in 1" further forward than the other so the Hamilton Bob's seat will sit back 1" further with the springs in the same spot. Other than the way the bottom is the seats look identical.
          Indiana, PA

Comment

Now that I think about it, I have a Hamilton Bob's seat on my 108 and it bottoms out really bad, I always thought it was weak springs but now I'm wondering if it the fact the seat is sitting further back on the springs.
            Indiana, PA

Comment

Originally posted by olds45512 View Post
              Now that I think about it, I have a Hamilton Bob's seat on my 108 and it bottoms out really bad, I always thought it was weak springs but now I'm wondering if it the fact the seat is sitting further back on the springs.
              That's the problem I had. It is a nice looking seat, but it's set back and bottoms out much more often than my OEM CC seat. I've got one of each on my 2 782s. It was quite a bit cheaper than the OEM seat though.

I bought one for my Dad's 1811 at Farm & Fleet a couple years back. It was $60 on sale I think....only to find out it doesn't have the CC pattern. I ended up drilling the pan and fishing nuts and washers through to attach it. Real PITA.....I won't do that again.
              Brian - Spring Grove, IL

Comment

Tim, on either of those seats. Where your two ass bones sit, is it really easy to bottom out to the pan while sitting? Or even pushing with your fingers?
                Reason I ask, I got NO meat on my ass, and need cushion between the vinyl and pan. I ordered a seat from Northern Tool. It was a "replacement Cub seat, bolt pattern, and looks were right on, but NO cushion, so sent it back. This was a while ago, so just was wondering if these were any better, or same shit, with a different name.
                I'd like a couple new seats, but for now just use those covers, and have a piece of "egg crate" cushion under them. It's REAL comfortable, but looks ain't so good...
                They can't all be turn key.
                Make the best of each and every day.
                Todd
                Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Originally posted by zippy1 View Post
                  Tim, on either of those seats. Where your two ass bones sit, is it really easy to bottom out to the pan while sitting? Or even pushing with your fingers?
                  Reason I ask, I got NO meat on my ass, and need cushion between the vinyl and pan. I ordered a seat from Northern Tool. It was a "replacement Cub seat, bolt pattern, and looks were right on, but NO cushion, so sent it back. This was a while ago, so just was wondering if these were any better, or same shit, with a different name.
                  I'd like a couple new seats, but for now just use those covers, and have a piece of "egg crate" cushion under them. It's REAL comfortable, but looks ain't so good...
                  The seat on my 108 was rock hard for a while but is decent now. I expect these to be the same way.
                  Indiana, PA

Comment

I think the price of these seats is just stupid too. All my tractors need new seats, and I keep putting it off. Thing that irritates me is, you csn find the yellow version of the same seat for $60. I used to buy genuine Cub Cadet seats and not think too much about it. I put a new one (Cub Cadet) on the 1811 like 18 years ago. Still on there but it's needed replaced for a few years now. But now the aftermarket seats are $100 and CCC is what, $150/160?

Anyways.... Tim, are there holes on the back of the seats for arm rests? I've got a set of arm rests that are going to go on the next seat I buy.... if the mice didn't chew them up inside the box they're in in the garage.
                    ~Jonathan
                    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
                      I think the price of these seats is just stupid too. All my tractors need new seats, and I keep putting it off. Thing that irritates me is, you csn find the yellow version of the same seat for $60. I used to buy genuine Cub Cadet seats and not think too much about it. I put a new one (Cub Cadet) on the 1811 like 18 years ago. Still on there but it's needed replaced for a few years now. But now the aftermarket seats are $100 and CCC is what, $150/160?

Anyways.... Tim, are there holes on the back of the seats for arm rests? I've got a set of arm rests that are going to go on the next seat I buy.... if the mice didn't chew them up inside the box they're in in the garage.
                      No holes for arm rests but if you have one of these thread setter kits it would be easy to do.
                      Attached Files
                      Indiana, PA

Comment

Originally posted by olds45512 View Post

No holes for arm rests but if you have one of these thread setter kits it would be easy to do.
                        I don't have one of those kits.... but I've put those in before. I'd be willing to buy a kit.

On another note, Randall took a bunch of seats down to a shop in southern Illinois to get redone. One of them was a seat off his mower. I'm waiting to see how much it cost. I'm betting $100.... but Randall is bad about spending the same or more to fix something over replacing it. You know, spend $10 to save $1.
                        ~Jonathan
                        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Zippy, I a little north of 265 pounds (I prefer the term gravity challenged) and have no issues with the seats I buy from Seat Warehouse. The last Ham Bob seat I got, the edge molding that holds the vinyl on the seat pan keeps coming off and requires a few minutes every so often to restretch the cover and tap it back on. A real pain.

Comment

This is the one I bought where the woman works. Put it in my 125 with the tiller. It has the cub bolt pattern, and many others. Other than the color, it's a comfortable seat.
                            As you said Jon, they are cheaper in the "wrong" color.
                            https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/con...0502?Ntt=Seats
                            Edit: Somebitch, just noticed this one while looking.
                            https://www.fleetfarm.com/detail/con...4489?Ntt=Seats
                            They can't all be turn key.
                            Make the best of each and every day.
                            Todd
                            Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

• olds45512
                              olds45512 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That's the same seat.

• Diesel Doc
                              Diesel Doc commented
                              Editing a comment
                              But for those of us without a FleetFarm store nearby, we would have to add about $25 in shipping. Right back to the same thing Ham Bob charges $79 plus shipping making it $97 to my door. There are lower priced seats out there that look "right" but have a plastic frame and that wacky 3 bolt pattern.

I wish I had a pic of my red 782 when I 1st got it back in '13. It had a swivel office chair seat on it- minus the swivel and casters- complete with armrests. 1st thing I bought for that tractor was a battery, 2nd thing was a new seat!
                            Brian - Spring Grove, IL

Comment

Working...
                            X