2019 Yard Work Begins!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Yard Work Begins!!

I dug the tractors out a couple weeks ago and it's FINALLY time to start some yard work! Picking up the sticks and nuts right now. Plan to roll the yard and do some grading in the drive and maybe work on some rough spots in the yard and ditch from the fall field work. 20190323_101354.jpg
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Looks like you are off to a good start Jonathan! I'm hoping to get some time to go do some yard too!
    Queen Of The QuietLines

Comment

• J-Mech
      J-Mech commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you get/got to! Are you even home much anymore Beth? How you been?

Bout time Jon. Glad to see someone is getting some yard work done/started.
    Heck, we still have snow all over the place, and piles of it that are still six feet tall in spots. It'll be awhile before the soil is dried out enough to drive on.
    Suppose when it breaks around here, it'll be balls to the wall, getting everything picked/cleaned up for mowing season.
    They can't all be turn key.
    Make the best of each and every day.
    Todd
    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

• J-Mech
      J-Mech commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel for you Todd. But at the same time, I'm glad to be where there wasn't much snow this winter. This winter was terrible enough anyway. Sun never shone. That's what got to me..... lack of sun. Always cloudy and overcast with a lot of precipitation. Glad the sun is finally coming out more!

We had nice weather yesterday (Saturday) but I had to work, and then visited/ had dinner with some old friends we hadn't seen. Hopefully today is nice. Overcast right now but I hope it clears up. Have a TON of branches down from ice this winter.
    Brian - Spring Grove, IL
    IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
    CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
    Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
    Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

• J-Mech
      J-Mech commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't know what did it here... but I had a yard full! Got them all picked up and burned yesterday.

I did get to roll most of the yard too. Sorry, I used the Deere.

20190323_131117.jpg
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Comment

I have one of those 317s with a mower deck here, bit rough and it needs a solenoid switch but it runs.... kind of a waste having a tractor with full hydraulics and just a deck.so Ive been holding off doing anything with it and hoping to stumble across a front blade or blower.
      Lance S.
      Alberta Canada

Comment

You now Lance, I wasn't sure if I was going to like the 317 or not. It has some good points, and some bad. It steers hard, isn't as comfortable as a Cub and the hydro control handle is odd. It isn't easy to go forward to reverse because of the neutral spot being opposite a CC, and the notch for neutral. I don't like that it doesn't have a return to center or clutch pedal. But, the steering brakes are really nice, as is the slightly wider stance. I love the hydraulic blade and that I can have both the tiller and blade on at the same time. It's great for tilling up and blading bad spots in the yard....like grain truck or tractor ruts from fall farming. I like that the tiller is ran off a pulley at the rear, and the way implements attach to both the front and rear. So... it has good and bad points.
        I also have a 318 in need of an engine that I would like to get up and going. Having power steering, and the option of 3pt and independent rear PTO on a GT looks to be a great option. If I'd get off my butt and get to work, I think I can make a better 3pt and PTO for a CC to match what Deere had on the 318. But, you know how ideas don't line up with life and financing, lol. Maybe someday. Until then, I'd settle for just having time to put a couple engines in I've been rounding up for the Cubs I have with bad engines.
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Comment

I dont think this 317 has the rear pto, Ive driven it around the yard a couple times back when I first picked it up just to test it out but then put it away. I have 314 that came with a tiller so it has the rear pto.... I havent tried to start it yet tho because it has electrical issues. I also have a square fender 110 and a little D130 lawn tractor right now. Im not much of a JD fan but they do sell good so I drag them home when ever I find them cheap enough.

If you want a wider stance on your CC keep an eye out for old Simplicity built tractors... I have an Allis Chalmers B10 that came with 1 1/2" wheel spacers that simply bolt onto the 5 bolt wheel hubs, they wont work on most other hubs because of the raised center but they would work on the flat CC hubs.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          Lance S.
          Alberta Canada

Comment

Must be really bad there if you need chains to pull that little cart around with twigs and such

Comment

Lol! Nah, I was just too lazy to take them off.
              ~Jonathan
              Oblong, Illinois

Comment

We mowed grass a couple weeks ago. Got to break out the sprayer and begin spraying Roundup--honest, I have weeds/grass around the wagon shed that is a foot high. Still had frost the last couple mornings. The entire area is getting infested with a weed called Henbit (I think that's what it is). It is so invasive I had to spray the hay fields for it and said what the heck, even sprayed dad's yard. Had some tight areas to do in my hard so I bought some weed-and-feed--$40 a bag. I swear, folks that live in town with really nice yards get my respect--it costs a fortune to maintain a yard from a big box store!!! Had to patch a front tire on the 1811, probably put it into service Friday afternoon. No, I haven't serviced any of the grass cutters yet.

Comment

I have picked up all the sticks and burned them. I made a trip around the yard afterwards with the mulch plug in and chopped up all the small stuff. I still need to change the blades and change the fluids. I did get a free hydro filter from the guy I got the 2072 yesterday. Only pic I got was the sticks demise.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hell I am still stuck in this Damm Horse Barn, or Prefab garage I'm turning into a 2 horse stable!!! I HATE HORSES!!!! I did get a nice Paslode framing nailer out of it though.... Gotta change the Hyd/oil in my Zero Turn and put my spring blades on it.... then to gator blades after the small twigs are chewed up....
                    Randy
                    Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

Working...
                    X