Mower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mower

Wife asked me to stop working on old tractors and get lawn mowed faster. "Gonna cost ya", I said.
    Attached Files
    Just a Cub Cadet 70. It was free.... Oh, a Brinly Cultivator too.

Nice!! I remember Grasshopper mowers from back in the 80's---long before zero turns were the "in" thing. Mid late 80's, you could get the same machine as a Woods. The dealer dad worked at sold a 18hp Woods and two 2072 Cadets to a guy mowing the city schools grass. Due to an unfortunate turn of events, all 3 machines got repossessed. My 2072 was one of them. I used the 18hp Woods a lot the year it was repossessed, mowing around the dealership. It only had a single tail wheel, did a lot of dog tracking on hill sides. I imagine yours is a little more stable from the looks of it, let me know if it will out cut a Super (not counting turn around, just straight line mowing).

Comment

I remember the single tail wheel grasshoppers well. I don’t remember seeing many grasshoppers and Dixie choppers in NY until I moved south Steve. Must have been imported! I always say it’s fun to mow with our cubs but there’s nothing like a z turn doing it in half the time, literally.

Comment

If you now own that machine, CONGRATS!!!
        If you're about to buy that machine, you'll prolly need to remember where you burried all those jars full of money.
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Now that you have the new mower and can mow faster, time to start building the Cub collection back up!

Comment

NICE! But that one cost you for sure!!!
            ~Jonathan
            Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

"Mowing speeds up to 10.0 MPH and 6.55 acres/hr. based on 72" cutting width.* *Actual results may vary".

Hoping to reduce mow time by half. Took me nearly 3 hours to mow everything with SGT/ 60 deck and blow of with air afterwards.

Took delivery Friday. I(we) officially own a third and paying my credit union for the rest. Might get the snowblower for it next year if it's woth keeping🤔

Comment

Very nice Steve, congrats on the new machine. Someday I'll own a Z but that will kill my seat time on a Cub. What motor does that have in it to power a 72" deck?

Comment

It's a 61 inch deck. 29 horse Broke and Scatter Vanguard big block horizontal shaft motor. Model number 610000- I think.... Could not get anything bigger in the shed The discharge chute on this one makes things uncomfortably close to get by everything else in the shed. Might need a mod to pull the chute up for parking.

Comment

Working...
                  X