Delivery Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delivery Time!

deliv1.jpegdeliv2.jpegdeliv3.jpeg I hope to be on the road by 8:00am tomorrow for my trip south. 500 mile to my friends' house below Roanoke VA, then another 100 on Tuesday to meet up with Greg in Kingsport TN. The 1572 rides in the executive position on the truck and that's a 2284 on the trailer. The 2284, deck, and spare 82 series tin is a purchase Greg made from Dirty Steve, who is my neighbor here in NY. Since I was taking an empty trailer down to bring some shop equipment home, I offered to do the hauling. I'm loaded to the max , about 2300 pounds worth!

I think I'd bungy cord both those hoods so the wind doesn't catch them and blow them off. Hauled one of my 782s the same way in the back of my truck.
    Have a safe trip.
    Brian - Spring Grove, IL
    IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
    CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
    Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
    Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

Both hoods are sealed down with duct tape. Hard to see in pictures.

Comment

"Delivering the goods"...
        Have a safe trip Stan.
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Be careful Stan!! I too would add a strap to those hoods. I wouldn't trust the tape.
          Looks like the tongue of the trailer is bowing a bit. Mighty big load for a long way on that little trailer! Be careful my friend!!
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

So the 2284 is leaving snowy cold New York and retiring down south...awesome. Looks like a "Super" trip Stan, have a fun safe trip. Shop equipment , whatcha getting?

Comment

Looks great Stan!! Have a safe trip and let us know how it goes..

Comment

We always called Duct tape "hundred mile-n'hour tape". Good luck and keep it under 100mph Doc!
                Just a Cub Cadet 70. It was free.... Oh, a Brinly Cultivator too.

Comment

Made it to Roanoke in fine shape. No issues with hoods. Trailer tongue has been like that since I bought it and this will be the fourth trip down and back with that trailer, all loaded heavy. Writing this from cell phone. Will post pics when I get back home on Friday. Cheers

Comment

Glad to see you made it to the first stop. Safe travels the rest of the way Stan!

Comment

Glad you are having a great road trip. That trailer makes me think....10# in a 5# bag.
                      Queen Of The QuietLines

Comment

Tractors and spare parts have been delivered safely and without damage. I met Greg in Kingsport TN in a supermarket parking lot. Greg happily drove both tractors off my rig and onto his trailer. Lots of smiles. My friend Glen and I are now back in Roanoke having a steak and a few beers to celebrate. Pics on Friday to prove it happened!

Comment

Awesome deal Stan!! I bet Greg was smiling from ear to ear!! I know I would have been if I was recieving a load like that!! Hope you have a safe trip home!! And yes we want

those pictures!!

Comment

Ok, back home after 8 1/2 hours on the road today. Not a bad trip but I'm not as young as I used to be either. Here's a few pics --------

First picture is crossing the mountains in northern Pennsylvania near Mansfield on Interstate 99.

Second is the beautiful Shenandoah Valley viewed from Interstate 81 in Northern Virginia.

Third is crossing Bent Mountain south of Roanoke Virginia on Route 8.

And four is a very happy CubDieselFan (Greg Rozar) with his Cubs all loaded and soon to be heading for Southern Tennessee. Things got strapped down before he left!

trip2.jpegtrip4.jpegtrip6.jpegtrip7.jpeg

Comment

Great pics Stan! I know that 81 view all too well. Glad you made it home safely!

Comment

Working...
                              X