My New Tractor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My New Tractor

Hi everyone, this past summer I didn't play with my tractors very much. I decided on a new adventure and went to truck driving school. I did my orientation and test drive on one of these today....it is sweeeet! Wish me luck....because I might be carrying your Cub Cadet parts.
    Queen Of The QuietLines

Congrats Beth!
    Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Indiana, PA
    Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Comment

Ah, I see now. Very cool Beth.
      Good luck out on the roads.
      They can't all be turn key.
      Make the best of each and every day.
      Todd
      Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Wow Beth good for you! Looks like you’re not going to be home much anymore? You going in between DC centers?

Comment

Nice!!! I love driving trucks. I dont do only rarely now. I never went long haul but made my far share of trips with oversize loads from IL to OK and many trips to KY. Little bit of everything from tankers, flatbeds, and cranes. Now I just stay in one location operation BIG toys. Be careful and enjoy.
          ~Phil

You are only as old as you make yourself.

1710, snow blower QA-42A

Comment

You finally let the cat out of the bag didn't you Beth!!

Hey, seriously, good luck! Especially since you are just starting your new career.... IN THE WINTER! BE CAREFUL!!!
            ~Jonathan
            Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Are you going to be pulling doubles right away? If you are thats cool, not alot of people feel comfortable with that.
              congrats
              Cory.

One piece at a time...

Comment

Congrats Beth, I did that for 12 years after I retired from the State, Gets crazy on the roads these days. Just keep the rubber side down and keep on trucking.
                Larry
                New Market, Alabama

Comment

Congrats Beth. My Aunt drove truck her whole adult life.
                  When she started it was uncommon for a woman to drive
                  big trucks.
                  Hope you enjoy your new career!

Comment

Thank you all for the nice comments. I am pulling doubles starting Monday morning. Next spring it will go to triples. When I was a kid I wanted to drive a big truck...my parents said absolutely not! Now I have this new opportunity to fulfill a childhood dream. I hope I like it. Pulling doubles/triples or even tankers with fuel does not freak me out....but flatbeds with coiled steel unnerves me.
                    Terry, your aunt had to be a strong willed woman to drive back in the day. I admire that strength.
                    Queen Of The QuietLines

Comment

You will find quick tankers are a different animal. That liquid moves around!
                      ~Jonathan
                      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Now that is my kind of woman!!

Comment

Hauling coils is not for the faint of heart. Beth, is it possible to back up a double or triple? Never seen a triple here in Virginia. Most of the doubles seem to be UPS.

Comment

Originally posted by sawdustdad View Post
                            Hauling coils is not for the faint of heart. Beth, is it possible to back up a double or triple? Never seen a triple here in Virginia. Most of the doubles seem to be UPS.
                            I grew up in a steel making town and too many times I would see an overturned rig steel coil laying all about. I know now it wasn't secured properly...but still unnerves me. One can to back a double sort of straight for a short distance. The trick is backing very slowly. Having a even surface helps too.
                            Queen Of The QuietLines

Comment

Congrats Brianna! How are you coming on restoring that 72?

Comment

Working...
                              X