Electricity out at my house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electricity out at my house

Nasty storm knocked out electric 4 hours ago and I'm reduced to using my tablet

It'll be on sometime
    Jeff

Hang in there Jeff. I heard you all got some ruff storms up that way. Hot as hell and dry here.

Comment

My part of PA still has power. But we got some downright nasty storms!
      Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Yettrbomb View Post
        My part of PA still has power. But we got some downright nasty storms!
        My friend Rusty had a tree drop on his house (small tree) and at the in law's farm, a "sky twister" took the roof off the chicken coop. Plenty of tree debris and no electric there for days

Comment

Storms hitting us hard here in Illinois too.....
          Very bad flooding and wind damage in just an hour or two. Larger system on its way.
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

PA has already exceeded their "allotment" of tornadoes for the year.

What a crazy spring we're having

Comment

Tornado about 10 miles from me in Morgantown, Pa. I was watching the storm over Morgantown as we are in line of sight. Lots lightning. Fortunately, power stayed on for us. Last week we were out for about 5 hours due to tree taking down transmission wires at the sub station. 5000 customers reported out of power.

Comment

Got power back after 12-1/2 hours. It came back on at 5:02 am this morning. I got right into the shower , boy that felt good.

It's storming like mad again, hopefully we keep power

Comment

Good luck you guys.
                  Man, can't imagine what you all are going through. And I bitch when we have power out for an hour.
                  They can't all be turn key.
                  Make the best of each and every day.
                  Todd
                  Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Originally posted by zippy1 View Post
                    Good luck you guys.
                    Man, can't imagine what you all are going through. And I bitch when we have power out for an hour.
                    My friend Rusty ( Big Lefty on the other site) still doesn't have power and may not have it until Sunday. The bookkeeper at work lives up the road from him and said it looks like a bomb went off. Trees down everywhere and the road is still closed.

The confirmed tornado that touched down 2 miles from my house was officially rated as a EF0. Low end of the scale but still plenty of damage. I'm glad it missed me.

Comment

Whew. Doesn't really matter it was a small one. Still a tornado! Hope you guys can get things back together soon. Any damage at your place Jeff?
                      ~Jonathan
                      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
                        Whew. Doesn't really matter it was a small one. Still a tornado! Hope you guys can get things back together soon. Any damage at your place Jeff?
                        It was just windy at my house so just some small twigs. We got lucky.

I just checked the outage map and Rusty may have electric back shortly. Folks without power is just a small number now but if you're one of them, then it's serious.

Comment

Texted Rusty and they got electricity back last night about 9:30 pm. Still plenty of roads closed to tree debris.

Comment

Working...
                          X