Clear All

Now that is a seat!

https://greenville.craigslist.org/gr...918246841.html

Wow

Comment

That's the dumbest looking thing....
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Before I read that it was a Miata seat I thought, damn, that looks like a Del Sol seat. Well, not too far apart.

“this is one of the only garden tractors and I believe the only GT with a shaft driven drive system”

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
          That's the dumbest looking thing....
          He obviously doesn't mow around any trees with that sky high seat

Comment

years ago I had a Sears SS15 given to me, had a cast iron 320000 series Briggs that the PO could not figure out a no start on.

IDK if he did this or the past PO before him (which was the guy I got it from's next door neighbor) but it had something similar. Someone had welded the tracks of a car bucket seat to the fenders. Looked stupid but was comfortable. back then I mowed several yards for extra cash. I'd haul that silly tractor all over the county mowing, once I got it running.
            I made the mistake of teaching my wife how to run it, once I did that I always got stuck on push mower/weedeater duty.
            well speaking of low branches, one day we are out mowing a regular customer's yard. Wife was on the SS, I was mowing the ditch and just started mowing a lap around each tree with the pusher and all of a sudden I saw her and the bucket seat fall off the tractor backwards and the driverless tractor was headed for a hedge row on the edge of the property/ I went running after it (I was somewhat "behind" it when this happened) and caught it just as it started to dig its way thru the hedge row.... It was hilarious at the time, 24 years ago the internet wasn't what it is now but I wish I'd have had a video camera, I'm thinking it might have won America's funny Videos at the time.... but then if I would have had a camera then it would have had the effect of appearing "staged".... but it definitely wasn't. That tractor is still running, sold it to a buddy in Indiana, he put a more conventional seat onto it and has continued to use it weekly during mowing season.....
            Don
            Kankakee IL

Comment

• J-Mech
              J-Mech commented
              Editing a comment
              That's funny. May have not been at the time though! Glad she wasn't hurt!

• dodge trucker
              dodge trucker commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh yeah it was then and still is. My son was there with us in one of those baby carriers with a handle, he's 26 now but as he's heard the story he wishes he could have been old enough to see it happening to his mom.....

No seat belt???
            Randy
            Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

Working...
          X