Historic Farm Days, Penfield, Illinois July 13, 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historic Farm Days, Penfield, Illinois July 13, 2019

As the title states, my wife and I went to a show this weekend in Penfield, Il hosted by the I&I IH Collectors Club. BIG IH club up there, and they put on a show every year. Also this year, and every year, is the Half Century of Progress farm show. It's in a few weeks, and happens just down the road like 5 miles from this show. (I'll put the link below.) Both shows are a pretty big deal, both in Illinois, and the US.

In 2002 the I&I Collectors Club hosted the 15th Red Power Round up and I went to it. Only RPRU I've been to. This show wasn't that big, but it was still big. This years feature was the V8 IH tractors. Apparently, we missed several going on Saturday, as I've seen some pics and several packed up and headed out. May have been after the parade through the showgrounds that started just after we got there, ate and started walking around. Still got over 100 pics and some video. Great show, great time with my wife, and also ran into a friend I don't see often enough who kindly lent us his side by side to ride around the show on. The same friend also had a couple tractors there. Unfortunately, he drove one around while we had his side by side, so no pics of it. But the other was his half size Cub Cadet he built for his grandkids to ride on. It's in a shed, and you'll notice it.

Here is a link to the folder of all the pics. Easier to share this way than to upload all of them. I'll try and grab a few and post that I want to comment on, otherwise, look through them and ask any questions you guys may have. The file name of each pic is a short description, so hopefully that will help. Enjoy the pics! I'll try and upload and link the videos when I get a chance. Busy weekend!

Pictures:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=14T...ImXzWL7lCVuca4

Link to the Half Century of Progress page.

Not important, but we also rode the GW up. Great day to ride, but the afternoon was hot and we left 1 hour into the tractor pull. We had a 2hr ride home, we were hot and needed supper. We got home about 10. Long, but very fun day.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Nice pics Jon!!... good looking show
    Lance S.
    Alberta Canada

Comment

Awesome pics Jon, thanks for putting those up.

Comment

You should have taken that Wheelhorse and hung a For Sale sign on it... that IH 341 is pretty cool... and I noticed an MTD in there also
        Lance S.
        Alberta Canada

Comment

Lol. There is an antique show in my hometown in a few weeks with a lot of garden tractor guys who show up. I'm going to take it there.
          Yeah, there were a lot of WH tractors, and MTD's there. I was surprised!
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Looks like it was a great show. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
            I saw that 660 FWA pictures, and have only seen one of those before. The guy I know who bought my 856, and is a "collector" has one. I think they are fairly rare.
            They can't all be turn key.
            Make the best of each and every day.
            Todd
            Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

I don't know if you noticed or not Todd, but the 660 FWA is also a diesel! Which has to add to the rarity. The 560 FWA is a diesel as well.

We have a couple 1026's on the farm, which are hydro tractors. I really liked the 1026 ​​​​​​FWA that was there. They made a few, but they're pretty rare too. Actually, about any FWA IH tractor prior to the 88 series is rare, lol.
              ~Jonathan
              Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Yup, that's why I knew it was the same. Some tractors just stick in my head.
                They can't all be turn key.
                Make the best of each and every day.
                Todd
                Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

That was last weekend? Crap. I thought it was this weekend coming up, and was planning on going
                  i guess I missed out this year
                  Don
                  Kankakee IL

Comment

Originally posted by dodge trucker View Post
                    That was last weekend? Crap. I thought it was this weekend coming up, and was planning on going
                    i guess I missed out this year
                    Sorry you missed out Don.
                    There's another show in Rantoul coming up. I'll try and post up the info when I get home for the evening.
                    ~Jonathan
                    Oblong, Illinois

Comment

Nice pics Jon. There used to be a 3088 open station on a farm just north of here. Nice looking machine, he had a nice 986 too. He sold out in about '91, and another guy ended up moving onto the farm. 2nd guy sold out a year or 2 later, and my Uncles' bought his 1466. They ran it 1st year, Dad OH the engine over the winter, ran it the 2nd season, and they rebuilt the rearend and installed a new TA the 2nd winter. Been one hell of a workhorse for them.

What's the difference between the early and late 4568s? The newer cab design didn't come out until the 86 series correct?
                      Brian - Spring Grove, IL
                      IH 782 w/50c; Dad's 1650 (needs restored)
                      CCC 782 dual stick w/44c; 1050 w/38c; 1861 w/54GT
                      Parts 782, 1811, 1710, 1200
                      Numerous IH, Brinly, Agri-Fab attachments

Comment

Working...
                      X