This winters project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This winters project

Well, like it or not, winter will be here before we know it.
    So now I'm trying to figure out what to "roll" in the shop, and have for my winter project. There's a couple things that are on my "want to do" list. Not in any particular order.
    682, the local tractor I picked up. Needs an engine transplant, and good once over. Will be NO major painting needed. Just a little on the rear end.
    Got a chance to pick up my folks old model 76 Cadet that I cut lawn with as a youngster. I just so happen to have an extra one in the cub barn, with a very low hour short block.
    My uncle offered me two things. He's got a late 60's early 70 Ski-Doo snowmobile. It was run twice after he bought it new. Hit a railroad track with it, bent the ski, and steering, had it fixed, then parked it. It's "mint", but hasn't run in like 49 years.
    He also has a Ferguson, tractor, that's been sitting all of 20 years. Would like to get it mechanically operational, and if he don't want to use it, Nancy can use it for bush hogginf, or ?
    And then, there's the Chevelle. Some things I'd like to change. One thing would be to remove the dash, and install a different one, without the added PO mods that were done. Remove the doors, and replace the window channels, as these are cracked. Some other small things...
    OR, take the winter off, and just plow snow, and [email protected]#k the dog the rest of the time. But with Nancy officially retired now, and if we spent the whole day together, someone would end up in a hospital, or prison. So I guess I need a winter project.
    The sled looks like this one. Forget the model, but I remember it is a one lunger.
    Mon%20ski%20doo%2071%20001.jpg
    They can't all be turn key.
    Make the best of each and every day.
    Todd
    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

I think that one is about '72 - '74, maybe a Nordic... I had an Olympic with the older and more rounded hood I believe was '69 or '70. I was only about 12 and delivered the newspaper in a small town rural Saskatchewan so my Pop brought it home for a father/son project. The PO had lost it off his trailer so the hood was pretty beat up, windshield and rear battery box were broken. We fixed it up and it stayed in the family long enough that my daughter drove it 25 years or so later.
    Lance S.
    Alberta Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Lance Skene View Post
      I think that one is about '72 - '74, maybe a Nordic... I had an Olympic with the older and more rounded hood I believe was '69 or '70. I was only about 12 and delivered the newspaper in a small town rural Saskatchewan so my Pop brought it home for a father/son project. The PO had lost it off his trailer so the hood was pretty beat up, windshield and rear battery box were broken. We fixed it up and it stayed in the family long enough that my daughter drove it 25 years or so later.
      You easily could be correct Lance. I'll have to ask him, if he even remembers.
      Last time I saw it, it still looked as new.
      Todd

Comment

I dunno Zip. All of them sound like fun. Do them all! Get started now!

What is the old Ferguson tractor? I've worked on a few of those. Almost identical to Fords.
        ~Jonathan
        Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
          I dunno Zip. All of them sound like fun. Do them all! Get started now!

What is the old Ferguson tractor? I've worked on a few of those. Almost identical to Fords.
          "Do them all", yeah, now you funny too.
          I ain't got it in me no more. How's that song go? I ain't as good as I once was.
          I'll have to look. It's "like" a 8N Ford.
          Todd

Comment

We had a Ferguson TO-20 when I was a kid. Spent hours and hours pushing snow and grading the driveway with it. When money and space allow me to pick up a loader tractor, I'll be on the hunt for another.
            Jeff
            62 O, 1535, 1641, 1862, 1864, #4 cart

Comment

Dam that pic brought back some cold memories as a kid in Michigan! We had one just like it with a matching pull behind trailer... I remember Dad having to weld the exhaust up all the time from the vibration...But they were riding the hell out of them out on the lake for Ice fishing duties... Then he went to Polaris and twin Cylinder free air sleds and never looked back.... They were fast for the day...
              Randy
              Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

Comment

Make a list with estimated time and money notations for each project. Put them in order by priority of want/need then start on #1. Work until you're tired, broke or both, but don't sit in the house all day with the boss, bad things could happen. Regardless, keep us all posted!

Comment

I like it!

Comment

I'm ready for another Zippy project! I never have time or feel like working on mine!! seems i've had issues for all of 2019.. But i can live thru you Todd.. Love seeing your projects and your progress.. just gotta get on here more.. I like any of the above ideas! Keep us posted.. I did a 1940 Ford/Ferguson back in 2013 for Dad.. Awesome little machine..

Comment

Originally posted by jaynjeep View Post
                      I'm ready for another Zippy project! I never have time or feel like working on mine!! seems i've had issues for all of 2019.. But i can live thru you Todd.. Love seeing your projects and your progress.. just gotta get on here more.. I like any of the above ideas! Keep us posted.. I did a 1940 Ford/Ferguson back in 2013 for Dad.. Awesome little machine..
                      Thanks Jay.
                      I do enjoy doing those projects. "BUT" I may be doing a long winter's recoop. Going to see my ortho surgeon on Sept. 30th. Shoulder, and elbow are getting to the point, that something "needs" to be done.
                      Todd

Comment

Originally posted by zippy1 View Post

Thanks Jay.
                        I do enjoy doing those projects. "BUT" I may be doing a long winter's recoop. Going to see my ortho surgeon on Sept. 30th. Shoulder, and elbow are getting to the point, that something "needs" to be done.
                        Todd, that's where i've been lately.. in the Orthopedic office... going in the morning for an MRI of my upper back and lower neck... Right shoulder been killing me all year.. got numbness and tingling in my right arm and hand.. they are telling me it's likely a disc in my lower neck or upper back.. Doc is telling me too many years of pulling on wrenches bent over in an engine bay.. not what I wanted to hear @ 48 years old.. I feel like a wimp for even complaining about it! Guess the MRI will tell the tale..

I wish you the best... I know you depend on your shoulder and arm alot more than I do! Hope you can do a bunch of projects this winter!! I need the inspiration!!

Comment

Working...
                        X