Pretty proud of this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty proud of this.

We have a tractor in for restoration and the original nose looks like it got ran over by a truck so we opted to buy an aftermarket nose but the aftermarket nose had an 8" hole in it for an air cleaner that this tractor doesn't have so I was tasked with making the hole disappear. I started by cutting out the section from the original nose and straightening it the best I could before welding it into the new nose, once it was welded in the nose was sandblasted to remove whatever cheap coating the manufacturer used. After 3hrs of bodywork I figured I'd hit it with some primer to see how it looks and I really couldn't be happier.
    Attached Files
    Tim - It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Indiana, PA
    Check out my Youtube channel -

https://www.youtube.com/user/xOLDS45512x

Looks great Tim. Takes a lot of time to do that but worth the end result.

Comment

Looks good Tim.
      But, that's why you make the big money. To make "holes" disappear.
      They can't all be turn key.
      Make the best of each and every day.
      Todd
      Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Nice work Tim, sometimes you just have to make what you need to complete a job.

Comment

It doesn't look like you did anything to it ( as in, it looks perfect, VERY nice job )

Comment

Looks great Tim! I'd be proud of it too!

I had to weld the exhaust hole shut on the hood of that 4586. I know how difficult that stuff is. You did it perfectly! I give you a big IH thumbs up! (Even though it was a Ford....)

~Jonathan
            Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Very nice work Tim!

Comment

Damn you do great work!

Comment

Working...
                X