More green stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More green stuff

Picked these two up yesterday a 200 and a 317 roller I may hang on to the 200, I like the smaller 8hp engine in it. I never seen one before IMG_20200118_130404470.jpgIMG_20200118_130416862_HDR.jpgIMG_20200118_130425080_HDR.jpgIMG_20200118_130433727_HDR.jpg

Some close ups of the engine. IMG_20200118_153920805.jpgIMG_20200118_153941263.jpgIMG_20200118_153958559.jpg

Comment

We're all IH guys, but there's nothing wrong with green machines. Other than they are green, lol.

I sold my 317 this summer. I just didn't want to sink anymore money into it. I fixed it up from basically scrap. Paid $300 for it, put maybe $150 or $200 in it, used it for two seasons and sold it for $750. I was happy with that.

The 200 looks pretty nice. I never ran a 200 but the smaller tractors with the clutch on one side, brake on the other looks weird. I don't know about that left side lift lever either. There were tractors in that series that were hydro. My suspicion is that the thought was hydro lever on the right, lift on the left. Just like IH put the lift on the right and the hydro on the left, until they switched it up, lol. There there was the QL tractors with both on the right side..... which actually I liked. One hand on the wheel, the other to work the controls. I run out of hands on my 1811 when plowing snow.
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mech View Post
        We're all IH guys, but there's nothing wrong with green machines. Other than they are green, lol.

I sold my 317 this summer. I just didn't want to sink anymore money into it. I fixed it up from basically scrap. Paid $300 for it, put maybe $150 or $200 in it, used it for two seasons and sold it for $750. I was happy with that.

The 200 looks pretty nice. I never ran a 200 but the smaller tractors with the clutch on one side, brake on the other looks weird. I don't know about that left side lift lever either. There were tractors in that series that were hydro. My suspicion is that the thought was hydro lever on the right, lift on the left. Just like IH put the lift on the right and the hydro on the left, until they switched it up, lol. There there was the QL tractors with both on the right side..... which actually I liked. One hand on the wheel, the other to work the controls. I run out of hands on my 1811 when plowing snow.

Yeah, no shit, tell me about it.
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Yes I like my QLs for that reason, the controls all on one side. On my 318 they are on opposite sides and it takes a little getting used to. This 200 maybe a keeper along with the JD 110 that was my grandpa's. But at the end of the day for actually using one regularly I'd take the cadets.

Comment

Working...
          X