Wifes Horse Manure Machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifes Horse Manure Machine

Craftsman GT6000... 26hp Kohler Courage...54 deck HD Hydro... FREE and my equipment stays clean!!! good back up mower also.... For a Courage it runs pretty good (for now) adjusted the lash and cleaned the fuel system out...Have ags and filled them with WW fluid to help with the dethatcher and drag up the long hill...esp when its tall and wet....replaced bushings in the front hubs with actual bearing and put a pillow block bearing on the steering shaft to tighten the slop up....

I know pics will come soon....
    Randy
    Frederick MD

Gotta kill it before ya can grill it.... TN

I'm not up on my Craftsmans.... but I didn't realize they still made the GT6000. I remember it from the 90's as one of the biggest ones you could get. I used to drool over them in the Sears catalogs. If they are what they used to be, they're not a bad machine. Granted, not a Cub Or a Deere, but a really good machine.

So, to the topic of it being a manure spreading tractor, what manure spreader do you have? I want an old IH model 100, but they are hard to find. I just want it for spreading compost on the garden once a year.... so I'm not going to pay big money. Small scale spreaders are kind of neat in my opinion. I'm leaning toward just building one.
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

I have a Brinly 48 inch dethatcher in front of a 48 inch chain linked fence gate....Real hi-tech.....Not spending anymore than I have to on this beast of burden....This is probably mid 2000's mower the neighbor had under pine trees when he bought the place....The Craftsman and a large Toro/Wheelhorse.Big Red I think...Left by previous owners.... I got them both running and he gave me the GT....I probably put 100 bucks into it for her... BTW the seat was in great shape and the lights worked!!!
      Randy
      Frederick MD

Comment

Looks just like this but with horse sheit on it.... 2018-09-07+09_44_22.jpgand Ags on the back
        Randy
        Frederick MD

Comment

Nice....for a non Cub
          ~Phil

You are only as old as you make yourself.

1710, snow blower QA-42A

Comment

Nice seat anyway!

I got tickled on your spreader. Whatever works, works, lol! I just figured you had a pull type of some kind.

How many horses?
            ~Jonathan
            Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Comment

One is too many!!! now she is talking about a buddy for it!!!!!
              Randy
              Frederick MD

Comment

Originally posted by Leadslingingdaddy View Post
                One is too many!!! now she is talking about a buddy for it!!!!!
                Careful! That's a slippery slope

Comment

Working...
                X