Posting Pictures: A tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Posting Pictures: A tutorial

Ok, this question keeps coming up, so I thought I'd make a quick "how to" for it.

To post a picture, there are actually two ways. I'm going to show you the way I prefer them to be posted, but I will touch on how to do it the other way also.

NOTE: If any of these pictures are too small to see, simply click on them to get an enlarged photo.

Easiest and Preferred Method:

The way I like to post pictures, and the way that works best, is to attach them.

Over on the right hand corner of any current post you are making, click the "Paper clip board".

up1.jpg

Once you do that, a box will pop up below, asking where you want to get the attachment from. If you have it on your device, then click "Upload Attachments". If it is something you have in a cloud storage, such as Dropbox, then click "Upload from URL".

up2.jpg

Pick the attachment, or attachments you want to upload. If you have multiple attachments (pictures) you can upload them all at once, up to 10 maximum is the current setting. More than 10 and you will have to make a second post.
    Once all the attachments are uploaded, you may choose what size to present, and where in the text to present them. Simply place the cursor in the spot you want to place the picture and click the mouse. Once the blinking cursor is on the page where you want the picture, you can insert it into the post. You may choose sizes from Thumbnail, Small, Medium, Large, or Fullsize. If you uploaded an attachment you don't want to keep, you may click Remove. Since the site has the ability to click on a photo and enlarge it on the screen, personally I use Medium. Larger than that and typically the picture is huge. No real reason to do that since the individual viewing can simply click on the picture and make it larger.

up3.jpg

As a note, if you place the wrong picture in the wrong spot in your post, you can click on the picture in the text and delete it. Pic the correct picture and insert it. HOWEVER, when you then go to place the picture you removed, it will again upload it to the bottom of the list. You then have to delete, or "Remove" the first upload of said same picture or else it will attach it a second time in an attachment box at the bottom of your post. Play around with this, and you will figure it out.

After all this is completed, and your post is done, click the Post button like normal. You will now see text and uploaded pictures mingled how you placed them, with no attachment box below the post. Nice clean post with placed pictures!

up4.jpg

Optional Method:

The second method is a bit more labor intensive, especially from a mobile device, but works similarly.

First, click on the "A" on the right hand corner.

up5.jpg

This will drop down the advanced menu bar.
    Then choose "Photo" from the menu.

up6.jpg

Once you click on it, a window will pop up. There are two tabs on this window, "Image Info" and "Upload".
    If you are uploading from a URL, you need to use the first tab. Fill out however much of the information you desire, or is required.
    If you are uploading a picture that is stored on a device, click the "Upload" tab and it will give you a different box. You may then select "Choose File" and pick the picture of your choice.

up7.jpgup8.jpg

Once you select the picture of your choice, click "Send it to the Server". This may take a moment or two. Once that has completed, click "OK". The picture will now be attached, and the following procedure is the same as above.

up9.jpg

Personally, I think the first method is much easier, but on occasion have used the second method. Hope this helps everyone, and happy posting!
    ~Jonathan
    Oblong, Illinois

Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

Or, what I do is click the camera in the left corner, and the dropdown comes up, and upload your pictures. So easy...
    They can't all be turn key.
    Make the best of each and every day.
    Todd
    Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

Comment

Originally posted by zippy1 View Post
      Or, what I do is click the camera in the left corner, and the dropdown comes up, and upload your pictures. So easy...
      Now I feel like an idiot..... I never even saw that.

Kind of like the "New Posts" button on OCC, right Todd? LMFAO!
      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

Comment

"Jackass"....
        Yeah, kinda. I still can't believe that was there all those years. And, right in the middle no less.
        Must have been to easy.
        I'm still laughing my butt off, you didn't see that.
        Todd

Comment

Well, I just tried to use it and didn't like it. Doesn't let you choose where to insert them into the text. Not that I saw anyway. Good way to mass upload pictures, but no good if you want to insert them into the body of a post....
          ~Jonathan
          Oblong, Illinois

Comment

See, I normally just write/type something, then put the pictures in below. Remember who you're dealing with here Jon. S I M P L E is the best for me...
            Todd

Comment

Working...
            X