Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member Upstate NewYork

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    New Member Upstate NewYork

    Just picked up my first Cub Cadet AGS 2160

    #2
    Welcome to the forum!
    Lance

    Cub Cadet, 73, 104, 106, 107, 125, 126, 127, 147 (2), 169, 1050, 1282, 1864

    Comment


      #3
      Hello Jim and welcome to ECC!

      I hope that the trans in your 2160 is still good. Unfortunately, that model was prone to a high trans failure rate. They are a gear drive, not a hydro. People liked to use the pedals not fully engaged and it would slip the internal clutches and burn it up. If it is still good, make sure to fully engage the pedal and not slip the trans. Good luck with your Cub!

      ~Jonathan
      Oblong, Illinois

      Just because it's old, doesn't mean it's obsolete!

      I've got a lot of Cubs in the barn....but I have more implements/attachments!

      Comment


        #4
        Hey Jim, welcome to ECC.
        They can't all be turn key.
        Make the best of each and every day.
        Todd
        Original's Start to Finish vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs

        Comment


          #5
          From one upstate New Yorker to another, welcome aboard Jim! I'm located just outside of Elmira NY in Horseheads. Where are you in NY?
          Feel free to post some pictures of your collection, Cub or otherwise and join in on the discussions. It's a great group here and we have a lot of fun. Cheers!

          Comment


            #6
            I am near Oswego NY north of Syracuse. When I purchased the Cub 2160 it didn't run or move and had not in the owner said over a year. It was stuck in gear so we had a piece of wire and pulled back on the shift linkage, found neutral and rolled it onto the trailer. When I got it home I checked the oil, put a good battery in and with a little starting fluid it started and ran good. All the linkage was frozen, pedals would not move so I pulled the fenders/covers off and sprayed everything with PB blaster and lubricants. Two hours later I had everything loose and have been driving it around the yard. Headlight is missing and is hard to find one. Needs a lot sanding and paint especially on the mower deck. I hope to have it ready for spring. I will get some photo's soon.

            Comment

            Working...
            X